Sign in to follow this  
pr200

Dating Kashimax MX

Unlike the Aero with the 'Kashi clock' I have no idea on how to go about dating these (I know the 2 hole is earlier than the 20 hole) from a quick Google search it looks as if it has something to do with 'dots' above the year that is stamped into the bottom of the saddle, mine seem to have 'dots' above every year number - what am I doing wrong?

C165AF6F-E0BB-41B3-9192-4FDB6CB4A17A_zps

Cheers-

B

IIRC, you will want to pay attention to when the dots over the numbers change. So if there are 3 dots above the 3 and 2 dots above the 4, then, "3" is your number. And there is some logic on the "base" number. Early stuff of course has 0 or 1 dots over each. Later, they can have 2 or 3.

I can hardly see them at all so I just stick with the 2 and 3 hole seats and call it close enough for what I'm doing!

That's early for the '20 hole' (I thought) cheers JH!

I just got home, I'll try and decipher mine now.

B

• Like 1

I think that must be close to the cross-over/transition from the MXC-2H to the MXC-20H, that side stamping on your pic is the same as my 2 hole seat, the stamping on my 20 hole must have been later ?????

bump for addictions and refinement