Sign in to follow this  
OLDSKOOLPK

Candy Red Looptail Quad with Solid Dropout LG forks!!!

After 10yrs of searching.....saving....the time/money was FINALLY right and I found one!!! This was offered on Ebay as a complete (built up by the owner....not a survivor) and then was taken down pretty quickly.....CRAP, someone bought it and beat me to the punch. A few weeks went by and BAM, it showed up again and I went in for the KILL!!!

Its nice, not as nice as I usually like and start with but I will be able to work with it. Its missing the headtube decal and also a seat tube decal which I will gladly use NOS examples of from my stash of decals. The solid dropout forks were a great addition to the find. The fork decals look white but are a very very faint blue which leads me to think that the headtube decal was with light blue/black or maybe just a black on clear?? It was a larger size headtube decal for sure.

The serial number is 2192 which is a high # in my opinon but with the solid dropout out forks I think it would be considered a 1981??

Its going to be a looooooong ass build for sure! I want to use the "right" parts on it and build it up like a badass true to the track RACER!!! I have had the pads from Larock for probably close to 5yrs now and they look great on the frameset....almost like they have been together since day one.

I am so happy to finally have one that I can work with!! The last 2 I have had pass through my hands were in need of restoration, which I don't like or want in my little stable of BMX!!!

Now to find a OG Finish OM Flyer and I think I will call it a day!! :break:

EBay pics!

Quad4.png
Quad2.png
Quad3.png
Quad1.png

Chillin with the rest of SE family!
IMG_20160308_191711.jpg
IMG_20160219_123059.jpg
IMG_20160219_123635.jpg
IMG_20160219_123225.jpg

• Like 3

nice piece!

Some sweet looptail goodness right there!  :rockout:

Love it. ALOT!!

For the record, its PLENTY nice. Not sure why you think its not.

Love it Jon, tidy example!

Wow...nice find.  At least we know its in good hands.

Love it. ALOT!!

For the record, its PLENTY nice. Not sure why you think its not.

for real.  

• Like 1

Great example, in properly "loved" condition. You just look at it and know somebody rode the F out of it, just like it was made for. Hope to see it under somebody's ass again, preferably getting dirty.

• Like 1

Awesome my favorite bike of all time. 20 inch anyway. I had 3 BITD.

I never had a red one,, but yours looks sweet like candy.

I know one of my rivals/buds out of South Jersey, Ed Mayer or Meyer (spelling?)

Had a Red one, I think with gold parts. He rocked the Waretown, NJ BMX track, along with his little brother (Dan?).

Congrats on finally finding one.

• Like 1

Nice Jon!! There is one floating around a couple of towns over. The kid (12-13) said his dad found it in a basement of a house he was cleaning out. I gave him my number and told his dad to call me if he ever wants to sell it. That was 2 years ago :Idunno:

Any help on what headtube decal to put on this??  Tan?  Blue/brown?  Black on clear??

I am starting to turn the wrenches on this and would love to start with adding a head tube and seat tube decal from my stash.  

I'd say black clear just going by the pad set you have. But I would think the color of your parts choices would also factor into this. Chromes or bare finishes, black and clear for sure!

I say build it first and then see what looks best in terms of color for headtube decal.

Is the Black on clear a little oversized?

Check this out. Look at the residue of the last decal that was on the headtube.

That's a large image.....

Maybe just do a black rub on?

I definitely want to put a decal on....it bothers me that it doesn't have one. Also, I started with giving it a real good polish/detailing tonight. This sucker is gonna shine!

IMG_20160629_184354.jpg

My Quad was that color originally and is also an '81. The headtube sticker was the classic blue/brown. There are photos posted of it on here somewhere.

I shared these with Hays also. These are the headtube decals I was thinking of using.

IMG_20160629_184133.jpg

IMG_20160629_184116.jpg

Dope!

Few more parts and this baby will be done! This was a little easier than I thought. Finding the right stuff I thought was gonna be a royal pain in the ass....and I was being picky too!

• Like 1

that was fast. i still haven't finished my first bike since i joined this site....