Sign in to follow this  
S.Brothers

Congratulations to the 1974 Redline Squareback Cruiser - the 2017 Bike Of The Year

BOTY_2017_Winner_Redline_24.jpg

Well... in a year of remarkable bikes, a truly remarkable bike has won the title for 2017 Bike Of the Year

Congratulations to Mike Sandoval for his 1974 Redline Cruiser, it is an important bike and a certainly worthy of the title.

post-1103-0-76501800-1513924358.jpg

post-1103-0-09273200-1513924359.jpg

• Like 5

Runner up was the incredible original anodized finish, round top tube 1979 PK Ripper survivor, owned By Dan Williams, aka Hey Slugger. The survivor class winner and runner up in the over all BOTY.  

:cheers:

winner_survivor_2017.jpg

• Like 4

Congratulation Mike and Dan.

Amazing bikes for sure. Definite standouts in a year full of high quality bikes.

• Like 2

Thank you to all the people who submitted bikes this year some badass bike for sure. Great bike show steve/ BMXsociety and for keeping bmx alive.

A couple of bad ass bikes to be sure. I really felt it would come down to these two rides.

The RedLine showing up was pretty much like when Grey brought the BMX Products mono to the table, all the other bike's were reduced to chopped liver haha.

Congrats.

Well deserved.

Congratulations Mike and Dan. What a pair of stunners. So glad to be part of the Red Line 24 and making a friend.

Thank you Steve for running a great site and awsome competition.

• Like 1

The frame was turning all kinds of heads for 7 months because the original forks had broke back in the 80s they are a 1 off forks with 1- 1/16 tube can’t just buy any forks so it tooka wile for linn to get to it that’s all lol

• Like 1

Congrats to both of you. Amazing pieces of history!!

• Like 1

I seriously cannot think what could top this in the last 10 years or more.

Great win with a sure Rad bike. Congrats to all the entered and good luck on that “Unicorn” find in 2018

Winner & runner up are incredible bikes.

Thanks for submitting.

Crap! I had bikes ready for BOTY, and the last month got so hectic, I just realized I missed BOTY! damm!!

Looks like it was a great BOTY this time. Good job to the winners! Squareback cruiser, amazing!