Sign in to follow this  
Dirty

SoCal movie trailer “Age Of Summer”

I just recently learned about this movie trailer and thought it fit right into our little group.

It looks to be centered on Hermosa and Redondo Beach which is where I’ve lived most of my life. It features a bike we all know and which I am a fan, and it’s based in the 80’s. It’s got the makings of a cult classic.

Check it out:

Spoiler alert: Epic fail as Carbizguy pointed out to me is that they did not use a period correct bike...it’s such a simple thing to have used a correct bike. I guess they thought they could slip it by.

Edited by Dirty

that was getting ripped to shreds on Facebook the other day due to the laziness of the art department with the 2007 PK (or whatever year of retro it is - looks like an 07 but with drip decals or something.)

Wow,, that’s wack. Somebody really messed up.

Steve, I think you’re right..it being a 07 or possibly a 06. Its the “anniversary” PK..,the same year they did the DC collab Quads. The beginning of when SE started to do the retro’s. I had one I got from Todd. It was sold as a complete or you could get just the frame. I think the completes were kinda limited.

You are both wrong. It's a 2015 Retro PK Ripper with added Skyways. The 2007 frame was a wishbone type seat stays and solid color decals. This style retro PK frame went from 2007-2014. The 2015 went to the 80s looptail style seatstay/gusset/seat tube junction. 2015 was also the intro of the drip style decals on the retros. Left is a 2007. Right is a 2015.

Totally agreed. How hard to use an era correct bike.

pkripper.jpg

s1600_2015_SE_PK_RIPPER_LOOPTAIL_SIDE_LOWRES.jpg

:thanks: I might appreciate that, but it's hard because I don't give a fuck about retros....  that's pretty much what "or whatever year of retro that is" indicates.  Dudes on FB called it a 15, Shane also called it out...I just couldn't muster enough care to specify. 

• Like 1

Here's a question: Back in the day, we always referred to the PK Ripper as a PK. In this trailer, the kid refers to it as a Ripper.

What did you all call it?

:thanks: I might appreciate that, but it's hard because I don't give a fuck about retros....  that's pretty much what "or whatever year of retro that is" indicates.  Dudes on FB called it a 15, Shane also called it out...I just couldn't muster enough care to specify. 

I guess I didn’t either.

Alrighty then. I mistakenly thought that's what the conversation was about.

Here's a question: Back in the day, we always referred to the PK Ripper as a PK. In this trailer, the kid refers to it as a Ripper.

We called it Ripper mostly but PK was standard too.

On a related note, the movie is set in SoCal in 1986, right? Dude at the beach that thought Minnesota was a city said something like "Ripper. We dont have those around here" while stroking the down tube. Uhhhh ok, the birth place of BMX, California, didnt have PK Rippers?? :ROTFLMAO:

We called it Ripper mostly but PK was standard too.

On a related note, the movie is set in SoCal in 1986, right? Dude at the beach that thought Minnesota was a city said something like "Ripper. We dont have those around here" while stroking the down tube. Uhhhh ok, the birth place of BMX, California, didnt have PK Rippers?? :ROTFLMAO:

Yea "we don't have those around here". And I don't if they are made less than 10 miles away! :oof:

It was a strange comment. I wonder where the people who made it are from?

I always called it a P.K Ripper or P.K. Never Ripper...