I recently acquired a 1977 Diamond Back f/f from the original owner's son. Bike has original black paint along with decals. even still wears the shop decal from where it was originally sold. Now I have heard some '77 MX were sent out with '78 decals sometimes being how they produced both 77/78 within a few short months. This MX is especially rare being how is it #015. Yes, the 15th Diamond Back made. Now, if you know about early DB's you know what their double dropout forks look like. Now being how these forks are original to the frame are they DB's? Maybe, a mistake fork that never was completed? Was this intentional? Maybe a rider or someone from shop wanted them this way? Or even a prototype? What do you all think? have you ever seen these? Can you identify them? Any help would be great. Thank you for your time. I have added photos of original '77 &'78 forks  along with a photo of mine. please compare and let me know what you think. 

post-1103-133692420683_thumb-1.jpeg

IMG_6713.jpg

IMG_6680.jpg

back hole for through axle or retainer washer maybe???

• Like 1

back hole for through axle or retainer washer maybe???

Maybe...You would think it would be smaller though. Looks the same size as a regular hole would of been. What got my attention is they look just like MX forks just not complete or maybe intended to be this way, I don't know. Plus, the fact they are on an '77 MX numbered 015. Who knows? 

Contact Jere Kirkpatrick.

Man, I would love to. I've been trying to find how to get a hold of him