Sign in to follow this  
S.Brothers

BOTY - Dedicated Discussion Thread 2018

This is the comment and discussion thread. Each year we maintain a special thread designated for comments about the bikes and event. If you want to make comments on the BOTY submissions, let's try to keep them in this thread.

Feel free to chat it up and post links to what you are oggling, but let's keep the submission and voting threads clutter free. This will be pinned to the top of the BOTY forum.

As most of you know, we avoid commenting in actual BOTY individual class threads.  All comments and banter about BOTY should be reserved for this thread.  Thanks.    :cheers:

Good! All my bikes are ready. Will submit tomorrow on my work pc. Way easier than my phone.

I still need to get pics of my Torker.  How many bikes is too many?  LOL

• Like 1

Already dudes posting comments in the bike threads. Do not comment on the threads guys. Thats what this thread is for.

• Like 1

Didn't enter mine in the Survivor class as I think it wouldn't get much respect as my entry is not a 100% true survivor untouched from bitd.

Originally took pics around Oct 21st but today I took some new pics at the same location as last time.  But a Suburban SUV showed up about 4 mins after I got there and the guy worked there and parked where I was so I had limited movement and had to watch out for shadows as I couldn't place the bike where I wanted to.

Edited by 80sBmxAddict

some really cool bikes posted so far. hope to get pictures of all mine to enter.

Posted a few so far and going to be sunny out today doni can get some good pics of the finish led VDC after changing the stem and adding a nos frame pad. And yes already a bunch of nice stuff to look at.

what  vote thread class would a 

1994 S&M DIRTBIKE

be submitted/ entered in?  MID-SCHOOL BMX 20" & Cruisers (1988 to 2000) or 

VINTAGE ERA FREESTYLE BMX (1999 and earlier)

class?

Edited by FREESTYLE FREEK

what  vote thread class would a 

1994 S&M DIRTBIKE

be submitted/ entered in?  MID-SCHOOL BMX 20" & Cruisers (1988 to 2000) or 

VINTAGE ERA FREESTYLE BMX (1999 and earlier)

class?

I say Midschool BMX 20" and Cruisers in my opinion.

• Like 1

If it qualifies for two classes, it's the owner's call on which one to use...

also, if there are enough Freestyle entries for an 80's and a 90's we will split them up. 

also, if there are enough Freestyle entries for an 80's and a 90's we will split them up. 

it do's not have pegs or gyro. it do's have 48 hole wheels and freestyle bars. but most road them for street and dirt jumping / trails.

so what class is best

DSC00154.JPG

@route66. The BOTY BOMBSHELL!! Bomat's Nomura.  I wondered many times how long it would take Brian Matherly to sell this 26" Nomura after his dad died. Was surprised and happy to see you own it. Glad it went to such caring hands. Great bike. Bob was always so proud of it. If that bike could talk.......

• Like 2

it do's not have pegs or gyro. it do's have 48 hole wheels and freestyle bars. but most road them for street and dirt jumping / trails.

so what class is best

The pic clearly shows front and rear pegs yet you state it doesnt have pegs. I originally said race but I believe this should be in freestyle once I saw it. Up to you.

Really surprised to see NO 79 and earlier race entries yet.

• Like 1

Same here. Where are the big guns out there?

• Like 1

Almost put the Webco in that class but then it is a Survivor after all it was a tough call.

so what class is best

The pic clearly shows front and rear pegs yet you state it doesnt have pegs. I originally said race but I believe this should be in freestyle once I saw it. Up to you.

I threw on pegs so it could go in freestyle.

Same here. Where are the big guns out there?

they have not foud the wright pictur spot to snap pictures yet?

First BOTY entered. Don’t think I’m gonna enter the 79 Ripper as I can’t remember if I finished it properly at the end of last year, or beginning of this year.

First BOTY entered. Don’t think I’m gonna enter the 79 Ripper as I can’t remember if I finished it properly at the end of last year, or beginning of this year.

If you finished it after last years BOTY, then it qualifies. Put it in there.

• Like 1

Done

• Like 2

Done

Good!! Love it.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this