Sign in to follow this  
paulatgis

any cyc bikes still out there?

any cyc bikes still out there. I have four. ames stormer, stormer, panther, and RandR branded stormer all from 78 or before.  will add pics when figure out how.

anyone here from Brad, the guy who runs the cyc history website?

you can google cyc bmx and it will give you the link for the pics already saved on this site. still trying to add the pics mean while.  Thanks!

uploading pics to this site is messed up at the moment.  should be fixed soon.   looking forward to seeing your bikes.

I run the CYC site at wordpress. Brad Apold I know was a Minnesota racer BITD and he contributed lots of pictures and info for it. Don't know if he still races.

I've got a CYC MXR, in pieces lol, as I am thinking to restore as it wasnt found exactly like in the ad of it on the cliff. Loved that ad.

I'm also writing a book I showed some people an early draft at last years Society Show. I just ordered my pass to this years show today.

I may set up a table and hand out a few samples of what is in the book. Brad Apolds name though is in the book as are a ton of others, from race results I have secured. Maybe I will start throwing together a 4 page sample now.

I'm pretty sure I have a CYC fork (lower end, mild steel, maybe off a Macho) that I would be happy to give to a CYC guy. 

I've got a Panther, working on a slow restoration.  Had one back in 1980.   Hardest thing to find is original decals for a Panther, or even a clear enough pic to attempt to recreate.   Seems like all the Panthers got re-stickered in the last 40 yrs to stormers or redlines at some point in their life.  

Anyone happen to have any original Panther decals or able to get any clear pics of ?  I did come across the main downtube sticker  but no others to date.

here's the panther I bought (way back). its the advertisement photo. appears to have the standard cyc stickers on it.  yeah, I just verified climbing into the attic.  mine has the cyc stormer sticker on down tube. not sure if was the original sticker.  I think I still have the bmx action magazine review I can check later.

3rdcyc.jpglarge 78decalsetpf6.jpg

nice offer ncyet3. I watched a few old school bikes shows and didn't notice any cycs.  im thinking of having fun and going to one. bring the four I have. the parts where pretty expensive a few years back, so I s77CYC_JR_STORMER.jpgubstituted with available parts (wheels, necks, etc.).  the pic is of the rare one (rarer than ames I also have?). its one of the two id have to find parts for to complete the set.  another, the cyc stormer (mild steel and gusseted), would round out the set I would bring.

heres a pic of the two assembled.  I just swap parts when I want to ride another and am about to put the panther back on the road. 2cycs.JPG

the ames is a little small to ride except by my grand kids now. I should get around to putting making and cleaning up the stickers.

cyc stormer me.jpg

my original stormer. then upgraded.

cyc stormer after upgrade.jpg

buddy tony's Fuji.

tonys fuji.jpg

upgrade from stormer to torker

torker 2.jpg

race day in Rochester NY.

bmx race day.jpg

1976, was nickel plated but was in VERY BAD condition !! 

cyc.jpg

Diggin the old school pics!   

that junior stormer is a cool frame too.   I’d love to see a bronze one   

great pictures