Sign in to follow this  
S.Brothers

BOB OSBORN - will receive the 2020 BMX Society Lifetime Achievement Award

John Wayne or Long Beach would both be much easier and closer airports than LAX.  

2 hours ago, TrulyOdd said:

John Wayne or Long Beach would both be much easier and closer airports than LAX.  

Thanks, Patrick. 

Irvine area should have some good hotels, possibly pricier though. Just check those hotel booking sites I guess.

• Like 1

BOB_OSBORN_OAKLEY_ANNOUNCE_postpone_caution.jpg

Who would have guessed, eh friends? Strange times.

We are not cancelling.

I am announcing the very real, looming possibility of a postponement.

I encourage everyone making travel plans to hold.

There are many factors in play. I have been in close consultation with Oakley and Bob Osborn. We are NOT calling it right now... but it's looking increasingly likely we will have a postponement. Oakley is a very big company and as you might imagine, they have a very deep aversion to risk. They don't like it. Nobody does, but as BMXers, we have tendency to "go for it". Point being... it's not entirely up to us.

This is disappointing in some sense of course... but again - this is not a cancellation and will not be. At most, we may have a postponement. And THAT - a postponement, is looking very likely at this stage to be honest.

I felt it was important to put this out as soon as possible. We need to slow our rolls on prep for the show.

Did not see this one coming... but all we can do is adjust.

Stay tuned and thanks for your patience and support.

Figured a reschedule was a possibility. World is kind of crazy right now and like you mentioned Oakley is a big company and has to watch what it does. Never thought what is happening now would ever occur. 

Thanks for posting up a update for all those that have to do major travel plans.  . 

One of our principle considerations is Bob himself.
Our guest of honor, Bob Osborn is a robust 82 years old. Bob is a badass. Despite his vigor, we must acknowledge the fact that this Covid 19 preys on his demographic.
I know we'll all agree with no hesitation... we aren't doing anything to put this guy at risk.
That ain't happening.
What a special person, an artist, an old school frontier philosopher and documentarian type... and he happily allows us to claim him for BMX. He's so humble about it all, but he must have some sense of how the very DNA of BMX is replete with Bob Osborn and Wizard Publications genes. The guy is a treasure. Anyway - long live Oz and we'll see him when we see him.

BMXsociety_2020_JimK_graphic_postpone_official.jpg