Sign in to follow this  
S.Brothers

Incredible Pro Quality Saddleback Footage

"In 2011, Producer and Director Todd Huffman of "The Motocross Files" acquired reels of lost footage from the 1976 motocross series shot by a young filmmaker from San Diego named Ray Baum. The footage had never been edited into anything so after transferring thousands of feet of film into a digital format, hidden in all the wonderful motocross footage was six minutes from this BMX race. This video was presented for the first time at USA BMX's 2015 Hall of Fame induction ceremony at the Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista, CA on October 10th, 2015. Thank you Ray Baum for preserving this and thank you Green Day for writing such a beautiful song that makes us all remember. "Good Riddance".

The cool thing with the new site, you can just drop the video link in. No more embed code and turning html on.  This is great

• Like 2

This is so astonishing...love seeing old days footage, and this you can smell that dry dirt blowing around!

It's hard to miss me in this footage, I'm sporting some seriously orange Bill Walters racing pants. LOL!!!!!! 

Racing solo off Bonsai and hacks off the bottom gate.

The first close up is a screen grab from the video. The race picture, someone gave me, is from the same day. It is actually one of my favorite pictures from the early days of racing. 

The last picture is also a screen grab from the video. It is very close to the same timing as the race pic. (I just realized this gives me another 'two angles of the same picture')

dennis dain rep.jpg

img482.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

• Like 1

Good stuff I thought I saw you in there a lot, Dennis