Sign in to follow this  
Brian Hays

BEWARE of "NOS 85 PK Ripper frames and Hutch Ladder Bars

Dude by the Museum user name of Bob Lewis from AZ claims Sal Correa "found" three NOS 85 PK Ripper straight chainstay frames. Coincidentally dude got three sets of "NOS" Hutch Ladder Bars too. The frame tubing may be old tubing but these three frames were just assembled/welded up in the last few weeks. All 85 frames had serials and these have none. Sal is shady as shit and this dude is trying to pass these frames off on Ebay, Museum and probably FB as true NOS 85 PK Rippers. You can see the "Hutch" bars in the background. Also for sale on Ebay as NOS. BEWARE!!!!

85 pk frames.png

85 pk2.jpg

85pk3.jpg

85pk4.jpg

• Confused 1

Dude joins the museum 5 months ago and he's scoring "NOS" stuff from Sal? I wonder who it really is. Dude isn't new to the hobby. 

I knew that one was fishy...

Hadn't heard of the Hutch bars though. Need to send JDB lawyer over there lol.

Wow.  This is real wack.  JDB and SE are not going to be happy about these fools. 

Someone should let Todd and JDB know. Todd already confronted Sal once when Sal was pumping out bars and forks for Sunnysgirl.

Bad part is that good folks will scream this scam from the highest mountain to warn people off. But good people will still get taken by these asshats! :oof:

I know this is nitpicking and beside the point but wouldn’t NOS, fake or not, have been painted? Pretty sure SE wasn’t selling raw frames to anybody, so a raw New Old Stock listing should be a huge red flag for anyone. Totally beside the point I know, but that’s what stuck out to me. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MelvinsArmy said:

I know this is nitpicking and beside the point but wouldn’t NOS, fake or not, have been painted? Pretty sure SE wasn’t selling raw frames to anybody, so a raw New Old Stock listing should be a huge red flag for anyone. Totally beside the point I know, but that’s what stuck out to me. 

Yes I agree. The lack of an 85 specific one year only style serial is another red flag. For those that dont know, the dropouts were stamped with serials and thrown in a box which were later welded on AFTER THE FACT as the frames were built.

• Like 1

Two more of these non serial frames just popped up from an unsuspecting guy who Sal took for a ride and sold them to him as NOS frames. Sal is a first class piece of shit.

F##K Sal