Sign in to follow this  
Bobsplace

Jmc mini micro shed find

I have just found a micro mini in a shed clearance and would like some help to date it etc , the number on the frame is MM8459 

oh and the all important question is what’s it value 

43288BF3-8016-4410-B394-78905785CFB6.png

• Like 2

1984 micro mini.   nice find.

It's typically frowned upon to request values....a lot of factors (parts, condition, etc) go into that.   Your best bet would be to research ebay "sold" prices or in the sold section of bmx websites.  

• Like 1

Sorry I didn’t want to brake any rules by asking for value it’s just that I have searched the net and can’t find one for sale or sold , I have found that they only made 85  of them but that’s about all I can find 

nice bike

Cool little bike for sure 

So I think I have figured out this is the 59th bike produced out of 85 or 60th if you include the prototype? I am new to this although I did have a burner as a kid lol

ECB8F063-2B55-4E64-9D03-E9FA8F952F41.jpeg

After really look over this I think it’s too much work for me so I’m thinking it might have to go on eBay and buy myself a mongoose that’s already restored 

Running to eBay after is why people don’t like to give “values”.    

You typically have to attach a price, but for this... try posting up in the “for sale” section. Put the trade request for what you’re looking for as the price.  Someone might be down to trade.  

• Like 1

like anything collectible,  it's worth whatever someone else is willing to pay for it at the time you put it up for sale. Just because "the last one on ebay went for $XXX" doesn't mean yours will. Collector markets are unstable/fluid. For example, sell it around tax refund time, and it's probably going to net you considerably more than if it drops for sale after the holiday season.

It is a rare, really cool bike, and I'm sure you will have no problem selling it, just don't think this thing is your retirement plan. Cool that running into this at a rummage sale re-sparked your interest into old BMX, I don't doubt your PM box might get bombarded with offers of trade for really cool mongooses, and if that is something that might put a smile on your face, go for it. I'm sure somebody out there would dig the shit out of cleaning that bad boy up and adding it to their collection. Good luck, and don't forget to hit us back and let us know what ends up going down.

Peace, Drew

• Like 1

Restored bikes suck. That is all.....

As far as "What's it worth"? Like was said, put it on Ebay as an auction with no reserve and a starting bid of a dollar. The market will dictate what it's worth. Yes micro minis are "rare" ( I hate that fucking word) but they are also micro minis so they are pretty well useless to any guy in his 40s-50s who still ride and collect BMX bikes.

• Like 1

Brian, you just made my Friday a little better.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2019 at 9:26 PM, Curt said:

Brian, you just made my Friday a little better.

:whistling: