Sign in to follow this  
4nthony

Entradero Park - Any old photos?

Just discovered the forum today and found a few threads mentioning meetups at Entradero park. I'm wondering if anyone has any old 70s/80s photos or memories of the track to share. Images in the other threads were broken but I suspect they were meetup images and not from back in the day.

From what I remember of the track in the early 80's, you'd start at the top near the entrance and hit a 4-5' tall jump into a downhill landing, head left around a sweeping singletrack berm, hit the hip airing to the right, and ultimately end up with an option to jump the cement gully. I don't remember what was between the hip and the gully jump.

Being 11-12 years old at the time, I was too much of a pussy to go big on the first jump and I was never comfortable trying to throw a tabletop to the right so I always hit the hip going left and landing in the flats. I kinda remember you could straight air the hip and there were a few other jumps on the other side but they didn't really flow with the rest of the track.

Someone had dug a softball sized hole in the ground about 20' out from the hip jump and rumor was the hole marked the farthest distance Trashcan Morgan had once jumped. True or not, we 11 year olds were pretty gullible and the guy was somewhat of a local legend so we took it as fact.

I also remember kids slipping through the grid on the drainage tunnel at the top of the gully. If you went about about 50' in, supposedly there was a "room" where a bunch of other drains intersected and where all the stoners would hang out. 

Looking at the satellite photo, it's kinda hard to tell where things used to be. The walkway between the houses is still there but I don't remember the fireroad. The baseball field at the bottom right wasn't there back then.

Anyway, fun trip down memory lane. Wondering if others have old memories to share.

Google Maps 2019-11-07 15-23-55.png