Sign in to follow this  
Just Jeff

My high school ride

My high school ride. Owned it since 1986ish.

E7785ADF-D547-4E14-9AC0-6D377FA5DAE3.jpeg

• Like 2

cool you still own your OG bike :ThumbsUp:

welcome-to the site. 

Beautiful Quad you got there. Is that OG paint?

Darn, that would be one heck of a cool bike to own BITD.  It's really cool that you've hung on to it.  I'd get a new seat, a chain, and get that thing back on the road.  :cheers:

Not original paint, but it is the original color. I’ve got the chain for it. And I just put the nos decals on it too. I’ve had them since 1990. Just never got around to painting the bike :whistling: 

• Like 1

real cool piece

Thank you. It’s an April 1983 frame. With early PK solid drop forks. They were on it when I bought it in ‘86ish. Laundry list of late ‘80’s parts on the build. Still have receipts for a lot of the parts too

401 Redline 180mm flights 

Bullseye hubs

Mongoose Pro Class rims

Esp “flying w” gooseneck

GT seat that I cut the tip off of when I was jumping the bike (bar spins etc)

Powerlite pro bend bars

original Tiaoga Comp 3’s (old but still together)

Dia Comp brake lever

Odyssey  Pit Bull brake. 

Still need to find some  the original frame pads too. I know there around someplace! Lol

One  day I’ll finish it

Edited by Just Jeff
Spelling

The forks are “Landing Gear” not PK Ripper’s.  They’re SE Racing though and perfect for that.  

I understand that. But only the early PK rippers has the sold drops on them. That is version of Landing gear forks that were, and still are, on my bike when I bought it

And sorry, I just assumed that people would understand that I meant it had PK Ripper “landing gear” on it. Guess that didn’t come though the way I intended it to. So my bad for not being more clear about it

Edited by Just Jeff
Spelling

11 hours ago, Just Jeff said:

I understand that. But only the early PK rippers has the sold drops on them. That is version of Landing gear forks that were, and still are, on my bike when I bought it

Landing Gear were Landing Gear. They weren't specific to any SE frame. from 78-82 SE only offered all of their stuff piece by piece. If you wanted a PK Ripper frame, it had it's price. If you wanted a Quad frame, it had it's price. If you wanted Landing Gear, you bought them separate. A PK Ripper didn't come with LG forks. They were purchased separately. The no hole dropout Landing Gear were the very first run of Landing Gear in 1980. Rare forks for sure but not necessarily specific to PK Rippers. S.Brothers has an original finish looptail Quad that has matching no hole LG forks on it since new.

Thank you for that information. Knowledge is power. I was not aware of that fact. Still got a lot to learn. My frame is a 1983, so the forks aren’t correct for my bike. But they were with it when I got it so they stay with it.