Sign in to follow this  
S.Brothers

BOTY....meh

Folks, some have noticed but a lot didn't even seem to miss it... but we are a week or so late on beginning BOTY.  I don't really want to do it, to be honest.  I'm pretty busy and have tried to see if others are willing to take it on and no one seems to really be interested.  The other issue is that I cannot figure out how to hot link the entries on the ballot to the bike's post, as we have always done in the past. If you check out the old BOTY's you will notice the ballots links are all dead now because this new version of the software is not allowing html code on the ballot app.  Not sure if people are following what I am saying, but basically it used to be that when you went over the choices when deciding who to vote for, you could click on each choice on the ballot, and it would take you to that bike.  Now that hot link to the bikes no longer works.  Not the end of the world but kind of not ideal at all.

Anyway... if there's a fair bit of interest, I'd still consider doing maybe an open class.... no individual classes.  I don't know. As I say... I just don't really have interest in running/managing the BOTY event... I'm going to be travelling over Christmas, and frankly, wouldn't mind just not having to worry about it.   That said... as I say, hate to disappoint folks, so if there is a considerable interest, I will reconsider. 

• Like 2

If we have built a bike this year Steve we are all winners 

This is my trophy for this year 

23.jpg

• Like 2

Ya, I asked Shane a couple days ago if he had heard anything. I didnt text you because I know you dont text at work. I had six entries done and photo'd for it but it's all good. Actually sold one of the entries I had ready last night. Like you said, there hasn't been a ton of interest. Take this year off. Maybe next year....or maybe not. Definitely not the end of the world. I've got the computer knowledge of a fence post, so Im no help. Merry Christmas. It's been a busy six months or so for you. Enjoy the holidays.

• Like 1

Man enjoy the Christmas and New year man. You have been busy enough this year with the site with the whole reboot. Kind of bummed but again I, like most of us fully agree. Enjoy the family and not worry about some old bikes lol 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brian Hays said:

Ya, I asked Shane a couple days ago if he had heard anything. I didnt text you because I know you dont text at work. I had six entries done and photo'd for it but it's all good. Actually sold one of the entries I had ready last night. Like you said, there hasn't been a ton of interest. Take this year off. Maybe next year....or maybe not. Definitely not the end of the world. I've got the computer knowledge of a fence post, so Im no help. Merry Christmas. It's been a busy six months or so for you. Enjoy the holidays.

Post some pics of them Brian 

I think we will all live without a BOTY. Enjoy your holidaze everyone.

• Like 1

well I’ll just post my annual buff Jesus here then lol merry Christmas everyone and have a safe New Year. 

1ADA3C1A-7EA3-4C37-B60E-6A9280EDA875.jpeg

• Thanks 1

With all the change in the past year, you are due a break my man. Can't conceive what it must take to pull this off, gotta be frustrating for those us not computerly inclined.

Rather the bandwidth go toward the Big Show myself...ready to provide assistencia on that when you start going in earnest....let a cat know.

Hope you have safe travels and a fantastic holiday. We shall break open bottles upon your return

• Like 1

believe it or not I was using the anticipation of BOTY as motivation to get off my butt and build another bike.  it’s only been close to 10 years... lol

With that being said, I don’t think it will be done in time anyway...  haha.   I know it’s a busy time.  Take some well deserved time off.  We will all be ok...

It should make next years that much better.  Who knows, I may even enter a bike.  

If I could only find a nice used pair of 9/16” Red Shimano dx pedals...lol. Check the wanted section guys...!  Help a brother out. Lol

I've finally got a bike to post,but i'm cool with taking some photos and putting a post up.I with all the others very much appreciate what you do all year round with this site and I'll survive without the BOTY.

Merry Xmas Steve and everyone else on this, my favourite BMX site!

• Like 2

Though I only participated once in the BOTY, it's always a nice end of year wrap-up of all things vintage BMX to me. In any case, your relentless work is highly appreciated, Steve and a break is well-deserved. But with that said, I can't wait for next years' BOTY. 

• Like 1

On 12/19/2019 at 1:22 PM, TOY24 said:

Post some pics of them Brian 

1984 ALL original Raleigh F7000fs

1982 SE Racing PK Ripper

1983 Navajo Racing Warrior Pro

1984 JMC Darrell Young Design

1993 SE Racing Quad Angle

ALL finishes and decals are original (except the DY fork and bar decals are from jmc.com). All parts are original survivor condition

20191110_153543.jpg

20190320_184000.jpg

navajo build1.jpg

dy3.jpg

20190802_2041295d44f644cde13_blowup.jpg

• Like 4

This was my line up this year. All Survivor finishes and parts.
1979 Mongoose black sunshine

1980 Mongoose Motomag Cherry Bomb 100% OG only wiped her down

1978 Torker MX “My grail”

1981-2 Ra 8 blue FB page find I changed the whole front end out. 

1981-2 Laguna Cruiser

B48E07C9-6609-478F-9D9A-7188202AEEA1.jpeg

B667EEFF-3ED0-4BD8-B035-1537C267B72C.jpeg

C4B1CDD2-1741-4FA1-9E1E-FF7EA2F63EDF.jpeg

CCBD11E2-736E-4686-844C-B9EEED5413FC.jpeg

6CB7729C-DB03-46C6-8D7E-E227F9CDD111.jpeg

• Like 3

On 12/18/2019 at 10:40 PM, S.Brothers said:

Folks, some have noticed but a lot didn't even seem to miss it... but we are a week or so late on beginning BOTY.  I don't really want to do it, to be honest.  I'm pretty busy and have tried to see if others are willing to take it on and no one seems to really be interested.  The other issue is that I cannot figure out how to hot link the entries on the ballot to the bike's post, as we have always done in the past. If you check out the old BOTY's you will notice the ballots links are all dead now because this new version of the software is not allowing html code on the ballot app.  Not sure if people are following what I am saying, but basically it used to be that when you went over the choices when deciding who to vote for, you could click on each choice on the ballot, and it would take you to that bike.  Now that hot link to the bikes no longer works.  Not the end of the world but kind of not ideal at all.

Anyway... if there's a fair bit of interest, I'd still consider doing maybe an open class.... no individual classes.  I don't know. As I say... I just don't really have interest in running/managing the BOTY event... I'm going to be travelling over Christmas, and frankly, wouldn't mind just not having to worry about it.   That said... as I say, hate to disappoint folks, so if there is a considerable interest, I will reconsider. 

I play along every year it's fun. if I knew how to help out I would.

• Like 2

Nothing super spectacular here, but I slapped together another ‘76 Mongoose this year. I will always love these bikes and this one will stay as is. The frame was in super bad shape so I blasted it and had it nickel plated (I know, I know...). Everything else was basically 1976 NOS (except the S&M Motoman Sprocket which I love). Wishing all you guys (that are still here), all the best for the Holidays and 2020. 

F597D560-F334-4EF9-B8C6-27C46D102D1C.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mongoosedrummer said:

Nothing super spectacular here, but I slapped together another ‘76 Mongoose this year. I will always love these bikes and this one will stay as is. The frame was in super bad shape so I blasted it and had it nickel plated (I know, I know...). Everything else was basically 1976 NOS (except the S&M Motoman Sprocket which I love). Wishing all you guys (that are still here), all the best for the Holidays and 2020. 

That came up really nice

^^^^ ya, no shame in having to refinish that. It is spectacular!!!

On 12/26/2019 at 9:31 AM, mongoosedrummer said:

supper cool build.