Sign in to follow this  
mrraceinc

JOFA BMX/MX helmets?

I haven't been active on here to speak of as my business just doesn't allow much time for hobbies anymore. I have been searching for about the last year and haven't been able to find any information or photos posted of these. I have one dated 1979 and just would like to know if anyone remembers them or has any information on them. 

IMG_20200123_092352.jpg

IMG_20200123_092400.jpg

IMG_20200123_092347.jpg

IMG_20200123_092343.jpg

Edited by mrraceinc
  • Like 1

I definitely remember the name but don't know anything about them.

They made the shin guards Mel Gibson wore in Mad Max. there's a huge following for those in Japan but I don't know on the helmets

I’m only familiar with the face mask’s.  The helmet and the rear graphics are cool though.  

I had one of those in late 70's. Very high quality, and more expensive than a similar bell when I got mine. They adhere to the SNELL standard, which has always been more stringent than the DOT ratings, so that's what my parents plunked down the cash for when I got my first new motocross bike. Of course I got the face mask to go with it, and covered it with Fox and DG stickers within a week.

Thanks for the responses. It does seem to be nicer quality than the Bell helmets of the era. The lining is very nice on it. There really is no info to speak of on them .