Sign in to follow this  
blackgoose

1980 Mongoose Xmas Pic

I have been looking to restore my childhood Mongoose and I finally found a picture of it new, Xmas morning, the blurriest shot ever though.  I am going to keep digging to see if I can find a better picture.

The bike now is rusty with no decals, so if the picture tells you anything about the bike or decals let me know, all I could see is that I have the Red "seat stay wrap"decals.

It is pretty rust, is it acceptable to wire brush and rattlecanned, or should it be bead/sand blasted and powdercoated?

The Motomags are a bit oxidized and one has a small spoke broken, so I was thinking of patching the spoke and painting the Motomags a matching yellow with black tires.  Any tips/ideas are appreciated.  I can post some current pix later.

Mongoose Xmas.jpg

Edited by blackgoose
  • Like 2

Looks like a black motomag with Ashtabula stem and yellow pads lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yardsale2 said:

Looks like a black motomag with Ashtabula stem and yellow pads lol

Ha ha, thank you, i think that was all I could expect from this picture.  It was taken by kid-me on one of those Disc Cameras (remember those?).  

I'll try to post some pix of the current condition, I have a decal set ordered and I want to know about stripping, painting, and re-chroming or CAD plating rusty parts.

1 hour ago, blackgoose said:

Ha ha, thank you, i think that was all I could expect from this picture.  It was taken by kid-me on one of those Disc Cameras (remember those?).  

I'll try to post some pix of the current condition, I have a decal set ordered and I want to know about stripping, painting, and re-chroming or CAD plating rusty parts.

The old 110 disc haha

• Like 1