I hate you...

:lol:

Couple pics I missed.

20200402_162350.jpg

20200402_162216.jpg

20200402_162251.jpg

20200402_162221.jpg

• Like 1

Just saw this post. Congrats Brian that is an awesome score! Love the parts and color combo. So glad you were able to get that post out. That must have been stressful as hell! My dad used a thicker wall seat tube than most, then after welding he would hand ream the post to clear any weld drop through. Seat posts Always were tight in Prodyne frames. That is how his seat post was able to clamp with such a narrow slit. They would bottom out on most frames with sloppy seat posts. Really glad you got it though. I also did the same as you and bought a pair of Landing Gear for a lot only to find them too short. Do I leave them og and not use them, or extend them? I have been pondering this for 3 years now and haven't done anything. I also have a set of Tange that I will more than likely be running. Does your frame have a serial number by chance? Congrats again and welcome to the Prodyne family!

• Like 2

Hell of a score, nice job Brian! 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2020 at 2:47 PM, brycebarker said:

Just saw this post. Congrats Brian that is an awesome score! Love the parts and color combo. So glad you were able to get that post out. That must have been stressful as hell! My dad used a thicker wall seat tube than most, then after welding he would hand ream the post to clear any weld drop through. Seat posts Always were tight in Prodyne frames. That is how his seat post was able to clamp with such a narrow slit. They would bottom out on most frames with sloppy seat posts. Really glad you got it though. I also did the same as you and bought a pair of Landing Gear for a lot only to find them too short. Do I leave them og and not use them, or extend them? I have been pondering this for 3 years now and haven't done anything. I also have a set of Tange that I will more than likely be running. Does your frame have a serial number by chance? Congrats again and welcome to the Prodyne family!

Thanks Bryce (and Carbiz too). No there is no serial number on this frame. Thanks for the info. I was like a nervous school girl for three days straight while I had the seat tube filled with PB Blaster but patience paid off. I cant get enough of this bike. I bought a set of new skinwall comp 3's so I can go ride the wheels off of it!!! I too thought the same about extending the forks but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Since I got the Tange fixed, I'm good.

Changed the brake lever again. The DC lever bend was too drastic and looked stupid. Put a Shimano lever on.

20200502_171224.jpg

Nice. Glad you were able to use the original fork

• Like 1

Great clean up and save Brian!

• Like 1

Ordered a set of new Duro gumwall/black comp 3 tires in 26x1.75. Gonna ride the wheels off this old girl. :rockout:

• Thanks 1

Put brand new Duro Comp 3 black/gumwall tires and tubes on it. Changed the lever to a Shimano lever, tuned the hubs and brake caliper, lubed the chain and rode this thing all weekend. GREAT riding bike!!!