Sign in to follow this  
Jhillrollwithit

Patterson Long Questions

Hello. I am new to the site but have been directed or came across bikes from members while doing research and attending the Crown Point Show the last couple of years. I feel there’s a level of quality and passion in the discussions with members and their bikes that I now what to be a part of and take some direction with a build. I acquired a Patterson Long a couple of years ago and built up with what I had available. I am now redoing it and have a couple questions for you guys The serial number on the underside of bottom bracket is 03812. From what I gathered it’s an 81. Is that correct? If so would it be nickel plated?  To me the frame looks it was redone at one point because there are ripple/bumps on the down tube and a couple other areas. Also the existing nickel looks a little too bright to be original. Any help would be appreciated. 

B7730CDA-6228-4D0F-A0EF-658DAADE5CFF.jpeg

Great looking bike even as it sits... kind of a survivor vibe.  I'm not a Patterson expert, but they are around. I can pretty much promise it will require patience - that's one other quality of this site - lol, people take their time on weighing in. 

• Like 2

1982 was the only year for chrome plated Patterson Longs.  The rest were nickel plated.  

• Like 1

I'm not too sure what needs to be redone here. The bike looks great to me as it sits.

• Like 1

I like what youve done with it...looks like it should look,nice work!

Thanks guys for the feed back. I really appreciate it. I like the way this came out but I found some Campy parts and 7c’s I want to use now. I also have a question about what stickers would be correct for this frame. I have two different sets that I’ll try to post over the weekend to get some input. Thnx and hope everyone’s staying safe.