Sign in to follow this  
reilley1

Brian Lewis Replica :-)

20200407_171643.jpg20200407_171205.jpg20200407_171120.jpg20200407_171020.jpg20200407_171120.jpg20200407_170913.jpgFB_IMG_1586299323154.jpgThere was once a young man who wanted to race the Big Mama Classic in Corona so bad that he put aside his usual meticulous builds and slapped together a bike with whatever he could find at his shop. 
Schwinn sprocket from his FMF days, wheel with crappy SX hub on it. He even slapped a front Tuff Wheel cause he knew Skyway's contingency program did not stipulate that he had to run BOTH wheels.

P.S. This is not a tribute bike, this is a bike built to bring back memories to a good friend.

Big thanks to Ken for the stand, Dan for the use of the fork. Steve for the original head tube decal, Michael for the plate and John WhoDat Brown for the front Tuff. (Apologies to the good dude who supplied the other decals. Can't remember the name.)

• Like 9

Beautiful replica!

Two OG’s right up there also!

Bike is seriously badass!!! Digging JU's shirt too!

That’s beautiful, Rick.

Is it a joke if you have to explain it? 

I had a couple of people ask me why Brian Lewis.

Jeff had a longstanding battle with Brian at WSA and other places which he speaks off 40 years later so....:-)

Very well done which is no surprise.

A question or two:

1. Why two different Mathauser pads? Was that some advanced trickery or JU using parts on hand or ?

2. I noticed that is one of the reinforced brake bridge frames. Any way to know if that was the same type that JU was racing in the magazine image?

3. If you need a place to store that build let me know, I think I could find some room.

1. A. Because Corona had a left hand first corner and the different pads made the bike pull to the left.

or B. Cause I couldn't find the other matching one. 

2. No idea. Jeff would know.

3. No...

That's 3 questions...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 10:14 AM, reilley1 said:

1. A. Because Corona had a left hand first corner and the different pads made the bike pull to the left.

or B. Cause I couldn't find the other matching one. 

2. No idea. Jeff would know.

3. No...

That's 3 questions...

Just making sure you are paying attention.

Awesome bike!

I notice the brake lever in the pic with JU is different than the lever in the other pics.

Wow