Sign in to follow this  
getset

A coupe new 24's for 2020

It seems like ages since I've posted a topic on here.  It seems like so much has happened not only in the past year, but in the last couple of months.  I'm still kind of in disbelief that at approximately this time last year I was in Amsterdam winding down from a months long bicycle trek through Northern Spain.  But that my friends is a story for another day.  Today we find ourselves in a whole new world and I hope you all and your extended family and friends are well and safe in this ever more precarious world we find ourselves in. 

OK, lets get to the BMX.  I picked up a super cool True Radius Bending frame a few years ago.  This frame used to be owned by Pat, SE666, but I bought it from someone else.  Anyway, I'm not even sure when I actually bought it, maybe 4-5 years ago.  It has been on my to do list for a long time and luckily I got to attend the Midwest show this past Feb. and collected some parts and got a renewed interest in finally finishing it up.  Well, as you can see, it's not done, but it's coming along nicely.  I decided to basically mimic the late 90's GT Speed Series bikes with many of the parts a direct rip from a GT 24.  This is a 2001 frame, so I think it isn't too far of a stretch to basically built it like a GT with a TBR frame...

TRB 24 003.JPG

TRB 24 002.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK, more BMX.  I found this torker as a complete on ebay last month.  I remember thinking as I was taking it apart, I should have asked the seller if you would actually be able to ride this bike as is, because I found a lot of broken parts (like the wheels which I am going to completely rebuild).  Well, it started out looking like a dirty frame and fork with 90's parts and I hope I have brought it back to some of it's former glory.  The first pic is as this bike was found (I only used frame/fork/headset/seat clamp from OG bike) .  The rest of the pictures are as it is now, although I have since replaced bars with Wald cruiser bars and a yellow Haro two finger lever.  Hope you all can dig 'em.  :cheers:

tork1.jpg

Tork 1 001.JPG

Tork 1 002.JPG

Tork 1 003.JPG

• Like 1

Nicc find.  :rockout:

Nice! I'm digging the Torker. Early eighties goodness cruiser style :)

Great bikes!! I soooo want a TRB cruiser frame someday.

wow. TRB frames are bitchin'.

That Torker is no slouch either.

Dope bikes, lay the Euro tour on us!