Sign in to follow this  
OLDSKOOLPK

NOS overload! Weekend pickups!

A east coast collector passed away and his family was selling the collection off.  This is what I found!

NOS Gold PK Ripper with boxes/paperwork/washers

NOS 1984 Yellow and Orange Freestyle Quads!

NOS 1990 Quad frame

NOS 24inch threaded LG forks (check out those long legs/dropouts welded up higher)

GHP Trix (not NOS but mega clean)

NOS padsets and more!

20200711_091527.jpg

20200711_193357.jpg

• Like 2

wow... congrats, that's an impressive haul 

sad to hear of his passing.  would any of us know who he is?

amazing stuff. 

Tom Gomes, long time underground collector. 

I was never a big fan of Freestyle, respected the skills but wasn't for me EXCEPT, that I almost bought an orange FS Reynolds Quad when I bought my blue Reynolds race frame.

Don't remember if it was Scot on the phone but I know I was offered a great price.  Regretted ever since. I thought it was the coolest FS frame I had ever seen.  

Nice score.  Sad about any BMXer passing though.  

Anyone ever seen a $5500 GHP frameset?:ROTFLMAO:

:Yawn:

The last one that sold, sold for 5k and was in 2011, it was a restored frameset. 

You are nothing but a shitbag fucking vulture flipper with NO morals. Some day Karma will punch you square in your greedy fucking face, you scumbag USELESS piece of shit. You have been a shit stain on bmx collecting for over 15 years. FUCK OFF.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

This is another NOS Quad from the North East Vulture scumbag flipper session taking advantage of a dead man's family last Saturday. Almost $4000 with the ridiculous shipping on the frame set. I can't wait for Karma to punch you fucking scumbags right in the fucking mouth.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1984-PINK-QUADANGLE-F-amp-F-Set-SE-Racing-PK-Ripper-Reynolds-531-BMX-Holy-Grail-/233650786008?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=lS4Aesy2dXtVqlsxLNh6jV4r1xM%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 1.12.18 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-22 at 1.13.15 AM.png

• Sad 2

To be fair, he started the auction at $1 no reserve and would not entertain BIN offers. It's worth what someone will pay. The shipping is a bit silly with what the frame brought though. 

3 hours ago, wagonguy said:

To be fair, he started the auction at $1 no reserve and would not entertain BIN offers. It's worth what someone will pay. The shipping is a bit silly with what the frame brought though. 

I am by no means clued up on the details of the whole deal but it still feels not right to profit off someone's death. Even when stuff like this happens all the time. 

Posted (edited)

A FELLOW COLLECTOR (actually one the first collectors) passes away and it is an "opportunity of a lifetime" because the family does not have the knowledge?? I guess the real question is about being just "1 of 30" "hobbyists" that took advantage of a situation rather than being THE 1 that tried to be truly honorable and help.

This could have been any one of us that passed suddenly......now, think about how you would feel about 1 of those 30 that seized upon your death as an opportunity.

Tom was a friend and I was trying to give the family space to grieve before reaching out to offer advice. I shouldn't have expected more of this community than I assumed, I should have remembered vultures don't wait.

Yes, I do blame myself as well!!!

Edited by GREG_HANNA
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

57 minutes ago, larsvegas43 said:

I am by no means clued up on the details of the whole deal but it still feels not right to profit off someone's death. Even when stuff like this happens all the time. 

I see your point. 

Wow, some serious childish name calling and sour grapes up in here! The guilt trip is not working, at all. Jealously is the biggest form of flattery.

I feel like I dont need to explain myself, but I'm not gonna just sit here and let you all roast, call me names and try to throw dirt on me. I had the first thread deleted since it was so off topic it was a headache and to put the cherry on the shit sundae, Brian Hays brought my 9yr old son into it by saying I would sell him if I could make a dollar (that was low, real low, most of you know how tough his life has been since the moment he was born and how lucky we are to still have him on this side of the dirt) The last few weeks I got tons of texts, messages on Facebook, calls and voicemails. Some were my friends calling me to congratulate me or to tell me I was being roasted on here and other places, some were nasty, obscene and just ridiculous from people I don't know or havent spoken to in years. So my phone # has been passed around.....cool!

I was invited up there, I took the 12+ hour 700+ mile round trip from PA to RI with cash in my pocket and no clue what the prices were gonna be. I was told this was round 3 of selling off the collection. I was told that the "doors opened at 10am", I showed up at 730am along with 4 other guys in the parking lot. Dave Gomes showed up, got out of his truck and asked "you guys here for the bmx yard sale?" We all answered yes and followed him over to house. When we showed up, a handful of other guys were already there, digging and finding stuff. The "big wallet" guys werent there, i was shocked on how much stuff was still there...was this all priced using Ebay and the forums as a price guide and that's why there was so much left or was this collection that big?

I got out of my truck and started digging. Everyone was told to make piles and when your ready, Dave and his friend would price the stuff. We went through everything I had in my pile, emptying all boxes to show that there wasnt anything secrectly stuffed in there and all items were complete. He had a notebook, wrote down my name and what was in my pile as we opened them up. I was given the prices, I paid those prices, I didn't haggle or complain. I'm an SE Racing collector, I still have all of the SE framesets in my collection. My intentions were to buy as much as I could with what money I brought, sell off a few things, make my money back and keep whatever I wanted.....remember, it's my money, not yours. I worked for that money, i drove to the "bmx yard sale" and picked up a good amount of stuff, I paid the prices I was told. The last item I had in my pile was a NOS red/silver Shimano DX post. Dave's friend took it from me, looked at it and said "last one of these sold for 700 on Ebay....we would need 400 for it" I put it down, someone instantly picked it up.

One thing I wish I never did was post the stuff as a whole. I should have just shared with friends and sold what i wanted, but I wanted my dick stroked, I wanted to share, boast and brag about what I bought.

So my question is, why am I instantly marked, tagged as an asshole, a shit stain on this hobby and just a flipper? My whole basement is filled and displayed with BMX items, bikes I have built up since getting into this hobby in 2000/2001, jerseys, helmets, decals, pictures, autographs and more!  Like I said before, I collect SE Racing items....i bought mostly all SE Racing items.  So if I bought the stuff to keep, that's ok, but if I bought the stuff to flip, all hell breaks loose and I'm an asshole, a thief, a midget, a troll......etc.

To the few guys I have either spoken to on the phone or traded texts back and forth and then see you change your tune on here and other forums, go kick rocks, pound sand and grow up.

• Like 1

Jon Hoffman = the never ending poooor victim. Give me a fucking break. People like you are ALL the same. Money means EVERYTHING. More than family, love, whatever so I stand by my comment. If you had to choose between a pile of money or your kid, You'd be counting your money. Again, the VICTIM. "Brian brought my son into this". I didn't say ANYTHING bad about your kid so cut the dramatic bullshit. Go kill yourself. NOONE would EVER miss you, you fucking worthless piece of shit. I hope you choke on your "score of a lifetime". You are such a fucking compulsive liar. You yourself stated you were selling EVERYTHING except the gold PK "if I can afford to keep it". Again, Jon the poooooor penniless victim. Now you are keeping all of it? BULLSHIT. God you are a piece of shit.

42 minutes ago, OLDSKOOLPK said:

Wow, some serious childish name calling and sour grapes up in here! The guilt trip is not working, at all. Jealously is the biggest form of flattery.

I feel like I dont need to explain myself, but I'm not gonna just sit here and let you all roast, call me names and try to throw dirt on me. I had the first thread deleted since it was so off topic it was a headache and to put the cherry on the shit sundae, Brian Hays brought my 9yr old son into it by saying I would sell him if I could make a dollar (that was low, real low, most of you know how tough his life has been since the moment he was born and how lucky we are to still have him on this side of the dirt) The last few weeks I got tons of texts, messages on Facebook, calls and voicemails. Some were my friends calling me to congratulate me or to tell me I was being roasted on here and other places, some were nasty, obscene and just ridiculous from people I don't know or havent spoken to in years. So my phone # has been passed around.....cool!

I was invited up there, I took the 12+ hour 700+ mile round trip from PA to RI with cash in my pocket and no clue what the prices were gonna be. I was told this was round 3 of selling off the collection. I was told that the "doors opened at 10am", I showed up at 730am along with 4 other guys in the parking lot. Dave Gomes showed up, got out of his truck and asked "you guys here for the bmx yard sale?" We all answered yes and followed him over to house. When we showed up, a handful of other guys were already there, digging and finding stuff. The "big wallet" guys werent there, i was shocked on how much stuff was still there...was this all priced using Ebay and the forums as a price guide and that's why there was so much left or was this collection that big?

I got out of my truck and started digging. Everyone was told to make piles and when your ready, Dave and his friend would price the stuff. We went through everything I had in my pile, emptying all boxes to show that there wasnt anything secrectly stuffed in there and all items were complete. He had a notebook, wrote down my name and what was in my pile as we opened them up. I was given the prices, I paid those prices, I didn't haggle or complain. I'm an SE Racing collector, I still have all of the SE framesets in my collection. My intentions were to buy as much as I could with what money I brought, sell off a few things, make my money back and keep whatever I wanted.....remember, it's my money, not yours. I worked for that money, i drove to the "bmx yard sale" and picked up a good amount of stuff, I paid the prices I was told. The last item I had in my pile was a NOS red/silver Shimano DX post. Dave's friend took it from me, looked at it and said "last one of these sold for 700 on Ebay....we would need 400 for it" I put it down, someone instantly picked it up.

One thing I wish I never did was post the stuff as a whole. I should have just shared with friends and sold what i wanted, but I wanted my dick stroked, I wanted to share, boast and brag about what I bought.

So my question is, why am I instantly marked, tagged as an asshole, a shit stain on this hobby and just a flipper? My whole basement is filled and displayed with BMX items, bikes I have built up since getting into this hobby in 2000/2001, jerseys, helmets, decals, pictures, autographs and more!  Like I said before, I collect SE Racing items....i bought mostly all SE Racing items.  So if I bought the stuff to keep, that's ok, but if I bought the stuff to flip, all hell breaks loose and I'm an asshole, a thief, a midget, a troll......etc.

To the few guys I have either spoken to on the phone or traded texts back and forth and then see you change your tune on here and other forums, go kick rocks, pound sand and grow up.

Thanks! I’m not taking sides, I’m just glad to hear you’re side of the story. 

Posted (edited)

I wish Jon had been THE ONE! I see no regret or internal reflection on how another path could have been chosen, I don't know it just speaks volumes.

I guess we are just different and have different priorities and passions about this hobby, the people in it, the quality of people we choose to surround ourselves with. As for sour grapes....NO, I'd much rather have Tom in this world, much more so than anything he owned. I've said my piece, done with this.

FYI Jon did text me.....NOT ONCE has he expressed any condolence for the loss of a friend. Just his justification for what he was a part of.

Edited by GREG_HANNA

I deleted him and blocked his number in my phone.

Jon's signature is the ULTIMATE irony. It reads: "RIP Shawn Grasso, Donnie is making $ hand over fist from your collection/donation and losing friends daily."

So when member Shawn Grasso died a couple of years ago and LEFT his entire collection to Donnie TO DO WITH WHAT HE WANTED, that makes Donnie a POS who is profiting and losing friends daily from a dead man's collection THAT WAS GIFTED TO HIM, yet what you are doing is ok??????? You've been crying the blues for two years to anyone who will listen about how you wanted the og finish baby blue looptail Quad frame set and you've been flaming mad ever since he accepted Pat's higher offer. HOW DARE anyone dis THE JON HOFFMAN. Yet you walking on someone's grave and buying a bunch of NOS stuff of his that you now claim you are keeping, while pitting other members offers here THE SAME DAY you bought the stuff against the guys in Thailand. I think your exact words to one member was "you'll have to do better than Jame's offer from Thailand". Tell me again how big of a dick Donnie is........... and how different your actions are. You are so set on Donnie being a crook yet you are doing basically the EXACT same thing AND DEFENDING YOUR ACTIONS. PRICELESS.

Go kill myself....no one would miss me. WTF? 

You blocked and deleted me from your phone.....I swear you are worse than a 5 year old who just got told NO for the first time and you are throwing a tantrum. I feel sorry for you, seriously I do. 

You're seriously are off your rocker Brian. It doesnt matter what I do with the stuff or the money, you guys think I'm a thief no matter what. You are right, my first thought was to keep the gold PK and put it on a shelf and sell off the rest, my money, my decision.....or do I have to ask first? 

I find it a bit nuts that some people think i have to drive to a "yard sale" educate the seller, then buy the stuff. Once again, I paid what was asked. 

I saw the "score" tag, saw that it came from someone who had passed and I cringed a bit as I figured someone more vocal than me would call Jon out. I was fairly certain it would be Heys...

I like you Jon but I think the "A east coast collector passed away and his family was selling the collection off" left more than one person with a sour taste in their mouth that has nothing to do with grapes. And to me, it has nothing to do with whatever price you paid.

By the same token, bringing family into an argument, regardless of how pissed off you are is messed up too.  And you know I luvs ya Brian.

And Greg, sorry about your friend.  I know the feeling when a good friend passes. 

• Like 3

I admit that my title/description was off, kinda harsh and disrespectful. I was excited, I was thrilled and didnt think twice on my decision to post it up the way I did. Now i wish i never shared what i bought but it's too late now.