Sign in to follow this  
eightill

Help Identify Vintage Hutch Trickstar

Hello everyone! 

I hope I'm posting this in the correct place. Apologies if not. 

I have this old Hutch and know nothing about it. I'm not a rider or collector... my friend was and he left me this when he passed away. 

Just trying to learn something about it. Appreciate if anyone has any info to get me started on doing some more research. 

THANK YOU KINDLY!

IMG_1108.jpeg

IMG_1110.jpeg

IMG_1111.jpeg

IMG_1112.jpeg

IMG_1113.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m  guessing here, but based on the parts and the frame stand supports, I’m going to guess this is probably a 1986 Hutch Trickstar, I believe made in Japan or Taiwan. There has to be a Hutch expert around that can confirm based on a serial number or other details. 

Sorry about your friend. That’s a really great bike, a dream ride for most of us back in the day. It looks like it’s in incredible condition, like it’s been locked in a time capsule all these years. Don’t change a thing. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the site.  Post a picture of the serial number.  It’ll definitely help figure out the info.  

:rockout: Immaculate bike.  

• Like 1

that's nice! 

• Like 1

It appears to be an 85 or 86 Japan made Trick Star.  They made a small run of them in French blue, but I forget which year. The serial should be on the inside of the left dropout on the frame, and will help with nailing down when it was made.  

• Thanks 1

That is a beauty for sure. So sorry for the circumstances of the acquisition.