Sign in to follow this  
Brian Hays

1984 GHP Trix og finish and decals

1984 GHP Trix

Original finish and decals 1984 Trix with the early decals and forks

This was found by Museum member MrOlive as a complete bike. It had been built and ridden in 84 and then stored in an attic until a few years ago when he found and bought it. Unfortunately he parted the bike out and sold the frame and fork to Museum member russman a couple of years ago. I was just able to make a deal to buy it. Neither of the previous owners ever cleaned the 36 year old dirt and grease off of it so I spent two hours degreasing, using rubbing compound, polishing compound twice and then wax to bring back it's original finish's shine and lustre.

The early frames used the regular race forks. The later ones used the forks with built on pegs.

20200805_214628.jpg

20200805_214506.jpg

20200805_214615.jpg

20200805_214539.jpg

20200805_214411.jpg

20200805_214546.jpg

• Like 2

Pretty cool looking. Always thought this was a odd bike. As in GHP made a freestyle bike just to have one to fit in with all the other manufacturers. 

• Like 1

gonna build it?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S.Brothers said:

gonna build it?  

Yes sir. Gonna need help picking parts though. Thinking about black metal flange Tufs.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Brian Hays said:

Yes sir. Gonna need help picking parts though. Thinking about black metal flange Tufs.

Good starting point. Work well with the red of these. Which is a great looking shade of it.

• Like 1

Ah, the $3000 frame set. :CashMoney:

jk. 

Im with turdbird that these are an odd frameset.   Looks like GHP just threw something together.  As far as freestyle goes, there’s not much to it.   Rare and cool to own though.  Nice pick up Brian. 

• Like 1

No Patrick. That was a $5500 frameset (pictured).  :lol:I PROMISE I didn't pay NEAR $5500 or even the sellers $5200 asking price, which he listed this for sale as soon as he read Jon wanted $5500 for his. I paid CONSIDERABLY less than that. First one is the one Jon has or had. Second one is mine.

ghp trix.jpg

trix2.jpg

Here is a picture of how the bike was found. SUCKS it got parted out. Not any stellar parts but OG is king to me.

oliveghp.jpg

I'd rebuild it exactly as it was found. 

Great bike Brian. 

• Like 1

Sweet! I can understand parting it though. There's probably $600+ in the brakes alone on that bike.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RL Paulie said:

Sweet! I can understand parting it though. There's probably $600+ in the brakes alone on that bike.

What am I missing? $600 in brakes?? Guess that's why I dont do freestyle.....

54 minutes ago, Brian Hays said:

Between the Tech 7 locking levers and Nippons, there is your $600+.

what serial # is yours? Mine was 984113.

Cant wait to see what you do with it and glad it didnt take $5500 or $5200 to grab one.

By the way, when your keyboard lips went flapping and clapping, you were the one who told everyone what I wanted for it. That wasnt public knowledge, just a text between you and I. :wink:

20200728_085507.jpg

20200728_085544.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Brian Hays said:

Those tech 7 aerial levers go for crazy $ especially in good condition. They were only available for one year, at the pinnacle of old school freestyle... 1987. DC 883 calipers are also very sought after, especially in black.

• Like 1

To tell you the truth Jon, I didn't even see a serial when I was cleaning it. I'll have to look tonight.

Why was the $5500 a secret? No clue why it would have been. What did you end up getting for it.......or is that a secret too? I have no problem stating what I paid. Just didn't want to spit it out and look like a douche if no one had asked.

I have zero interest in $600 brakes so I wont be going that route, I'm guessing. We will see. It will be a bit, regardless as I shelled out for this GHP and a RTT PK Ripper frame and fork, both last week. I'm BMX BROKE for a bit.

Jon, did yours have fork decals on both sides?

6 hours ago, Brian Hays said:

Jon, did yours have fork decals on both 

Pm sent Brian

I didn't say it was a secret, you made it public what I told you what I wanted for it and had a cosmic meltdown too, which leads to me not taking the blame for the one you bought got listed at. 

I'm happy for ya, glad you got one. Post up the serial when you can. I'm curious. Fork has GHP on one side and Greg hill on the other. 

20200728_085306.jpg

20200728_085436.jpg

Serial is 0984286. Mine doesnt have the Greg Hill decal on the fork but I do have an nos one Red Baron/ DD gave me.