Sign in to follow this  
Larock

1979 Powerlite Pro

Just finished this one up tonight. Mark Darcy gave me this plate years ago, it is one of his original plates. I found it in a stack of stuff in my office & had to build it! 1979 Powerlite built with mostly original finishes, I added the downtube decals. Great original paint on the frame & fork. Powerbend handlebars mounted to a 6 bolt MCS stem, vinyl pads, Shimano Tourney brake, lever & cable guides, Koolstop brake pads, fluted alloy seat post, Suntour seat clamp, Grand Prix saddle, Takagi Tourney cranks, KKT rat traps, Black low/high flange Sunshine hubs, Araya 7Cs, Suntour Maeda freewheel & Cheng Shin C-183 fat skinny tires. Enjoy! I will change the grips and seat clamp when I find something more to my liking.

IMG_6356.jpeg

IMG_6360.jpeg

IMG_6357.jpeg

IMG_6361.jpeg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, steve bourke said:

simply perfect

Thank you sir!

Perfect build as always. Are the rims hard anodized?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, larsvegas43 said:

Perfect build as always. Are the rims hard anodized?

They look like that color. Dan Goins pulled them out of a shop years ago. We've never seen another pair in this color.

• Like 1

Perfect

The first "true" BMX 3 piece crankset adds to the bike.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Larock said:

They look like that color. Dan Goins pulled them out of a shop years ago. We've never seen another pair in this color.

I wonder if maybe they sat in a shopfront in the sun for a long period bitd...you never disappoint with your bikes,killer build!

this is superb

• Like 1

On 9/1/2020 at 3:16 PM, gto455 said:

I wonder if maybe they sat in a shopfront in the sun for a long period bitd...you never disappoint with your bikes,killer build!

No. The color is consistent throughout. If they were sun faded they wouldn't be evenly colored all the way around.