Sign in to follow this  
Brian Hays

Jeff Bottema sells all rights to Race Inc

Don't know if anyone caught this but Race Inc was sold a few months ago from Chris in IN who had resurrected the name back in 2016 to ABC or American BMX Company. That same company has now bought all the rights to Bottema forks from Jeff Bottema. Yayyyyyy (NOT) (These are both screenshots from Facebook that I got as I DON'T do facebook).:oof:

Screenshot_20201009-084648_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Screenshot_20201009-084531_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Can’t be mad at Jeff but damn. :4FxSake:

Besides Bottema, it looks like Race Inc bought the rights to Cook Bros Racing as well.

https://www.raceincbmx.com/collections/cookbros

:4FxSake:

And then this happened on the "other" site:

Hey Guys, Jack Witmer Here.

This guy claiming that he has acquired the rights to the Cook Bros. Racing brand is TOTAL BULL SH*T!!!

I have have not licensed Cook Bros. Racing to this DOUCHE BAG, nor would I to any other foreigner! Cook Bros. Racing is an AMERICAN company, and always will be! 

This KOOK is a 100% total scammer FAKE! Just look at the name of his film company:

Real by Fake
Marc Côté, President
1479 Rue Ottawa, Montréal
Quebec, Canada, H3C 1S9
Telephone: 514-846-8439
Email: mcote@fake-studio.com

So could you all please email or call him and express your feeling about his venture into the BMX business!
Thanks in advance!
-Jack

Can't wait to see how this turn of events plays out. 

I'm numb to this stuff now...  

:bored:

I do hope Jeff benefits, he could use a steady residual (couldn't we all, but you know what I mean).

2 hours ago, S.Brothers said:

I'm numb to this stuff now...  

:bored:

I do hope Jeff benefits, he could use a steady residual (couldn't we all, but you know what I mean).

Well, it looks like Jeff at least had a chance to work out a deal with the new Race Inc management. Whereas it seems that the Cooks takeover is a different situation with the old rights owner not involved so far. 

It's still interesting to follow along and watch it unfold, but at this point....I don't even let it bother me anymore.

FYI:  I do appreciate people like Brian who dig in and call people out over the lunacy.

• Like 2

On 12/5/2020 at 7:25 AM, keep_it_warm said:

It's still interesting to follow along and watch it unfold, but at this point....I don't even let it bother me anymore.

FYI:  I do appreciate people like Brian who dig in and call people out over the lunacy.

That's why Jesus put me here. :lol:

• Haha 3

Rumor mill on other site has it that BMX Action might also be on shopping list. Fact or fiction wonder if Oz is up to date on his trademark.  This Marc guy seems to be on the hunt for old names to revive/hijack.