bobafett

1979 BMX Products Inc. Team Rampar [FINISHED]

OK so this one is done.  1979 Team Rampar -  I was a little looser on era correctness for this one whilst I focused on the all silver / black components to match the frame decals - but it's roughly 79 to 81 parts. Consider them upgrades over time or maybe the frame set was in the shop window for a couple of years and the kid chose from the parts available in the store in 1981 !

Anyways... I'm really happy how this one turned out.........

Parts list:

1979 BMX Products Inc. Team Rampar frame and forks (re-finished in candy red over nickel).
Rampar pro bars
Suntour earlier short reach all-alloy stem
NOS ODI / Winner's Circle grips
NOS Shimano Tourney lever with nice survivor Tourney caliper
NOS Schwinn clear / silver brake cable
Lightly polished Araya 7x on NOS Suzue chrome plated hubs
NOS Carlisle Aggressor MX200 tyres 1.75 / 1.75
Shimano Dura Ace cranks - nice survivor condition with original pantograph detail in black
NOS Suntour XC Compe pedals
Tange / Mongoose seat clamp
Refurbished / polished Race Inc seat post with custom Black / White decal
NOS Ariake Jaguar seat

bobafett1979TeamRamparFull01.jpg

bobafett1979TeamRamparFull02.jpg

bobafett1979TeamRamparFull03.jpg

bobafett1979TeamRamparParts01.jpg

bobafett1979TeamRamparParts02.jpg

bobafett1979TeamRamparParts03.jpg

bobafett1979TeamRamparParts04.jpg

bobafett1979TeamRamparParts05.jpg

bobafett1979TeamRamparParts06.jpg

bobafett1979TeamRamparParts07.jpg

bobafett1979TeamRamparFull04.jpg

bobafett1979TeamRamparFull05.jpg

:)

• Like 5

Please school me on rampar.  Where did they build/make them?  Great looking bike!  I would totally rock that thing... 

I'm not sure about the whole Rampar range as my area of collecting is primarily mongoose. This particular frame was made by BMX Products Inc. (AKA mongoose) for Rampar.... I believe purely for the Rampar Team riders originally in 78 and then also in 79. Not sure if they were ever actually available to purchase by the general public as I haven't seen a catalogue showing this as an available model, however I have seen Rampar adverts etc with the team riders on this frame and then the Rampar made frames in a "similar" style being advertised for sale.

Edited by bobafett

Great bike & build!

wow... smoking :rockout:

Nice bike.  

It takes me back.  The bike shop around the corner from my house BITD was a Raleigh road bike shop.  They were light on the BMX stuff but had a couple Rampar (and Panda) things.

That is very nice!

I am thinking the hubs are aluminum but as chrome plated they almost appear as steel, which as a 79 race bike would be odd to say the least. Are they aluminum?

Thanks. Yes they are aluminium.... they are original chrome plated Suzue hubs. Like I said  I was a little looser on era correctness for this one than I would normally be whilst I focused on the all silver / black components to match the frame decals and the overall look of the build - but it's roughly late 70's to eary 80's parts. I told myself as justification to consider them as either upgrades over time or maybe the frame set was in the shop window for a couple of years and the kid chose from the parts available in the store in the early 80's :lol:

Edited by bobafett
Typing errors !