Sign in to follow this  
latenight71

1975 HB/OC Skate movie

Just came across this on youtube while searching for Jeff Grossos' Love Letters Tony Alva history. If you love early 70's skateboarding you'll dig it. Also cool shots of skating under old Huntington Beacxh pier and Main street. Some cool BMX pool riding on a Mongoose and a Stingray with a banana seat around 10:17 minutes in, more at 13.40 in. Also, a cool treat of footage from the Signal Hill downhill contest. Cheers.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, latenight71 said:

Just came across this on youtube while searching for Jeff Grossos' Love Letters Tony Alva history. If you love early 70's skateboarding you'll dig it. Also cool shots of skating under old Huntington Beacxh pier and Main street. Some cool BMX pool riding on a Mongoose and a Stingray with a banana seat around 10:17 minutes in, more at 13.40 in. Also, a cool treat of footage from the Signal Hill downhill contest. Cheers.

The movie is called Downhill Motion. One of my favorite 70s skate films.

The music at the five minute point or so, if I am not mistaken, is from a band called The Closet Surfers, and the tune is called White Water. I bought their first CD, Closet Surfing, in '91 or '92 I think. I wonder if the music was added later?

Cool video, for sure!

really dope flick.   dudes are killin' it on those little things.   

that's the era  of my skateboard'n before bmx took over.  my first board was a G&S fiberflex, tracker trucks and road riders. 

• Like 2