Sign in to follow this  
TrulyOdd

Jeff Bottema’s DG stolen

I just saw this on FB.   Some dumb fuck stole Jeff Bottema’s original DG from Chandler, AZ.  The serial number is no. 1.   Everyone please keep an eye out for it.   

DA3E8ED3-1C6C-4932-BC83-96DA2B2C54DD.jpeg

Well that sucks.

2017 repost of it being stolen in 2013

https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=5854147#p5854147

Is this the same bike. Says it was stolen once before . Somebody must want this bike in a bad way.

Guess this was original posting for its theft in 2013.

https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=4504349#p4504349

Edited by turdburd
  • Confused 1

So it was stolen in 2013, 2017 and 2021??? I call BULLSHIT.

1 hour ago, Brian Hays said:

So it was stolen in 2013, 2017 and 2021??? I call BULLSHIT.

Bike was listed in Stolen section of Museum in 2013. Owner updated bikes submission in 2017 saying it was stolen in 2013. So looks like just 2013 and 2021. 

Still odd though, sorry for any confusion. Edited original post to try and clear it up.

• Like 1

I don’t know anything about it’s story.  Hope some fugazi shit ain’t happening. 

2013-11-05 3:14pm

1azbikeman
Museum Newbie

Bikes: 2
PM E-mail

Super Rare DG-1 BMX Bike stolen! Reward for information. (Repost)

Hello fellow BMX brothers. My prized possession Jeff Bottemas original 1976 chrome DG-1 team bike serial # DG1 was stolen out of a locked storage unit in Mesa Az. I had the bike there during a move and someone broke the lock on the storage unit and took it. I don`t think they know what the bike is so hopefully it will show up at a pawn shop locally. If you do see it on E-bay or Craigslist locally please contact me or the local police dept. There will be a reward for the return of the bike. Thanks for your help with this. I am hoping it will eventually end up online somewhere since it is such a rare item and easily spotted.I have the bike posted on the museum under my username if you want to check out pictures of it. (I can`t figure out how to post pics on this forum).
Thanks
Randy Pittaluga
480-703-6887

2017-06-16 1:29am

1azbikeman
Museum Newbie

PM E-mail

Re: 1977 DG Racer Jeff Bottema

Hey guys just wanted to let everyone know this bike was stolen out of my rented storage while I was in the process of moving. If anyone hears about it showing up online for sale please contact me there is a reward for its return. The serial # is DG-1
Thanks
Randy Pittaluga
480-703-6887

• He posted it was stolen on 11/05/13 in one thread. In another thread he posts on 6/16/17 (four years later) that it was stolen but says nothing of the 2013 incident and now Jeff posts on FB on 1/22/2021 again that it is stolen???? sorry. Very weird.

On 1/26/2021 at 8:56 AM, Brian Hays said:

2013-11-05 3:14pm

1azbikeman
Museum Newbie

PM E-mail

Super Rare DG-1 BMX Bike stolen! Reward for information. (Repost)

Hello fellow BMX brothers. My prized possession Jeff Bottemas original 1976 chrome DG-1 team bike serial # DG1 was stolen out of a locked storage unit in Mesa Az. I had the bike there during a move and someone broke the lock on the storage unit and took it. I don`t think they know what the bike is so hopefully it will show up at a pawn shop locally. If you do see it on E-bay or Craigslist locally please contact me or the local police dept. There will be a reward for the return of the bike. Thanks for your help with this. I am hoping it will eventually end up online somewhere since it is such a rare item and easily spotted.I have the bike posted on the museum under my username if you want to check out pictures of it. (I can`t figure out how to post pics on this forum).
Thanks
Randy Pittaluga
480-703-6887

2017-06-16 1:29am

1azbikeman
Museum Newbie

PM E-mail

Re: 1977 DG Racer Jeff Bottema

Hey guys just wanted to let everyone know this bike was stolen out of my rented storage while I was in the process of moving. If anyone hears about it showing up online for sale please contact me there is a reward for its return. The serial # is DG-1
Thanks
Randy Pittaluga
480-703-6887

• He posted it was stolen on 11/05/13 in one thread. In another thread he posts on 6/16/17 (four years later) that it was stolen but says nothing of the 2013 incident and now Jeff posts on FB on 1/22/2021 again that it is stolen???? sorry. Very weird.

it is weird.