Sign in to follow this  
RL Paulie

RIP Axlepeg

https://youtu.be/cNS7mfu2Hpo

I was gutted to just learn that Josh Marsele has passed. He had been in severe chronic pain after undergoing knee surgery a couple years ago. I know he had been having a rough time but when I last talked to him in November he was in good spirits and had some projects in the works. He was keeping himself occupied but I also knew he had been to some dark places by some of the things he was saying. I’m going to keep wondering if there is anything that I could have said or done differently... but I don’t think anyone could have saved him at the end. It’s a sad story to say the least. Rest easy Josh. You were loved and respected. 
I’m not sure if he was a member here but most of the people here who were active on vintagebmx.com in the early to late 2000s would recognize him as would those who followed the flatland scene in the late 80s to early 90s.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

I definitely remember the screen name. Sorry to hear this sad news.

I also remember the name. Sorry to hear this sad news.

R.I.P Axlepeg

sorry to hear

Josh was tearing it up in the very late 80s unfortunately at the time the whole BMX freestyle scene was imploding.

Any keen eyes may have noticed the frame he was riding in the initial video I posted was an old Skyway TA. He liked to ride black tuff wheels with white tires for the past several years on all his bikes in homage to his hero Mike Dominguez.

• Like 2

I did not know him but a very nice video!

Josh had Kevin Jones smoothness in that video.

God speed and ride on Josh!