Sign in to follow this  
reilley1

Good thoughts towards our Bmx brother Brett Kimble

Just found out that my bmx brother Brett Kimble aka 3d Gear aka 3d beer has been diagnosed with liver cancer.

I'm not currently on FB but according to Tom Sustarich,  there is some type of fund raiser for him on the "bro" page.

Please keep him in your thoughts, vibes or prayers or what you feel about those things. 

He's a good cat, a brawler that will somehow come on top. 

Love you Brett. Make plans to hit the next Undertones gig with me. 

received_459900115180494.jpeg

Damn. I haven't talked to Brett in years as Im not on facebook but I will be sincerely praying for him. 

I asked around to see if there were other options available for people to donate/support (if they wanted to), but it sounds like this raffle is the only thing going on.

This is going to sound bad anyway I say it. Do we know for certain that Brett is legitimately ill?  Brett has never screwed me but I never dealt with him other than hanging out.  There have been a lot of stories out there about deals that did not go the way they had planned with him and money was not returned.  I can tell you that on numerous occasions the truth was distorted with some of the stories he had told.  I don't wish ill on anyone but I hope this is not a scam.  The only reason I am saying this is because I would hate to find out that this is not the truth and people have been scammed.  Good luck Brett

Ok, so this raffle ended up raising approximately $4,300 for Brett. It was mentioned yesterday during the raffle that Brett's outcome has been modified from "three months" to "just weeks". It sounds like he (and his mom, maybe?) are in Missouri. That's about all I know at this point.

I know there are varying feelings, but I'm just posting what I have been told directly, from people who say they have been speaking to Brett and/or his mom on a daily basis.

:cheers:

EDIT:  To answer your question, Jason...no. I am only going by (a) Brett's own FB post saying that he has terminal liver cancer, and (b) the information being told to me from people who claim to be in daily contact with Brett.

He had a bunch of unexpected weight loss late last year, kinda fits the bill now. I too was sceptical, but seems to be true unfortunately. We got on fine enough, but hate to see anyone in this situation...

Overall, seems the evidence would support his condition.

Man...this is horrible news Brett.  Let’s hope for a miracle.  

I'll think I go with Brett's story.  I much rather feel sad about a good friend being extremely ill than feeling like shit because I doubted him. 

No, I hear you Rick.  Like I said I knew it would sound like I'm an asshole.  I've had some really fun times with Brett.  The boy definitely knows how to have a good time!  I hope he can pull through this for his friends and family...

Brett Kimble/3rd Gear is a name I have not heard from since the mid-2000s.

Sorry to hear he isn't well.

You’re right about him Jason. 

Not a word....anywhere....at least that I have been able to find. Let me see what I can find out

UPDATE:  From what I was told, it sounds like it is imminent.

RIP 3rd Gear. We banged heads constantly but always ended up still buddies after a cool off. You were the 1st dude I dealt with when I came into this hobby (it took you a year to ship it though....haha) ride hard and high in the sky my friend. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Wow, this is really sad news.  I really feel sorry for his family.  I have an eight year old son and I’m trying to live a healthier lifestyle and be a positive role model.  I’ve been sober now for the past year.  The craziest part of life is you just never know what is going to happen.  RIP

This is another sad moment for our BMX community.  He was a good guy and will be missed.

One of Brett's bikes.

post-349-1247855727.jpg

post-349-1247855709.jpg

• Like 4

RIP Brett, you will be missed.

Got to hang with him, Muxster and a few other OS-BMX guys back 2005....good dude and guys.