Sign in to follow this  
Beau

1985 Schwann predator streetwise what to do ?

Hello , my name is guy and I would like to know if this is worth doing a restore or save ? Also will I be able to get original parts for this new or even find any old part for this to restore ? Like will this be extremely hard to find parts for this ? Or should I just keep everything that is salvageable and just fill in rest with cool new part that you can buy now like dia compe de 990 brakes and so on ? 

AFBD5978-A0BD-4096-868D-2A5CF9BC61CF.jpeg

0B62EAC9-62CC-438F-A8D4-F0718BEC568E.jpeg

Nothing on there would be too difficult to track down.  Definitely keep the original parts though.  The original parts are much more desirable (and valuable if/when you try to sell).   Everything can be cleaned, you don’t need to repaint or re-chrome anything.   A light hand polish (after a bath) would get it lookin amazing again.  

A seat, tires and grips can be easily found to get it complete again.  

let me look for a link to a thread to help you clean the rust...

• Like 1

I had an early 80s Schwinn predator 24 inch which I loved!  Maybe someone will be able to post an ad from a magazine in 85 to see how the bike was set up from Schwinn.  I think it's a cool bike, not high-end but still cool

• Like 1

Here’s one of many threads in cleaning the rust.  

Search the site for “oxalic acid” or “citrus acid” for other threads on the subject. 

• Like 1

Thank you everybody for all the info and replies ! I have been thinking about or leaning on selling it , as I want to find like a hutch or on red line or Haro to redo instead . What do you think it’s worth as it sits without doing anything ? 

This is my Haro that I really like and I am keeping . I just want to find a better brand bike frame to redo into like a bright green or orange with white mags !

70CC25F4-F60E-4AF5-B4E7-A2008C0818A9.jpeg