Sign in to follow this  
German

What attracts you to BMX?

Posted (edited)

What do you pay attention to first of all? Color, design, construction, maybe something else? What attracts you to BMX?

Edited by German

They look cooler and a lot more durable than other bikes. 

I think it's probably a nostalgic thing because it was/is such a huge part of my childhood.  The 70s BMX bikes really turn me on because I feel like they are a pure, striped down version of two wheel racing...

That’s a tough question. What  The 26incher says is about right for me to.

I tend to fixate on brands that really do it for me...   SE Racing. GJS.  S&M.  I think the only other complete I have is a GT and an Alliant.... the latter is sort of SE X GT   ;) 

Have had multi-speed road bikes and mountain bikes and they just never clicked. Have a 26in. BMX that I ride for the really long hauls, but go back to my 20's for just about everything else. Just feel more comfortable on them. 

I do have road bikes and a mtb bike but bmx bikes are my roots,ive raced on and off since 13 years old and i still ride and race on bmx track so im very comfortable on them.l also have friends i ride,do gates and race with,so its a good social outlet for me.Ill also add ive spent a decade at the track with my daughter who also raced,shes in the red jersey next to me

3615B611-16B1-4FF1-9E93-BCA4A46C2578.jpeg

• Like 3

Bicycles designed to be ridden in the dirt (aka BMX) got my attention in the 1970s and it continues to this day by way of Mountain biking.

As for what attracts me to a bicycle (BMX or otherwise)  I enjoy the design(s), technology and craftsmanship that go into the production of a human powered machine.

Bicycle Motocross. It was to emulate motocross. As a kid I loved motocross. I had a motorcycle and a bicycle. When I could not ride my motorcycle I rode my bike. I had motorcycle handlebars a tank, fenders with a mud flap and 3 number plates on my bike. I tried to make my bicycle to look like a motocross bike. Like others I would put cards in my spokes and also a balloon to sound like a 4 stroke motorcycle.  1972104ABE11-8443-43AB-ACC0-6216AFBCE73A.jpeg

Edited by Papa Wheelie 03x
  • Like 1