Sign in to follow this  
TrulyOdd

Is there something specific you need?

Not sure if this interests anybody...

Most of the members that come through this site are a core group.    For whatever the reasons, things in the BMX scene have really been blown out and has a lot of people price gouging, non-contributing, and in it for the dough.  This site's members seem to be a more "True to this...not new to this"  community and thought we could help each other out.

I thought about all the random parts that i have stashed away (orphans, bolts, small bits and pieces).  I'd feel better about them going to somebody here, rather than to guys on FB or other social media platforms.   Parts that could possibly help with a build or complete a full set of something (such as a brand specific bearing cup, crank bolts, chain links, pads, etc).   I definitely don't want to look out for somebody who's just flipping shit as soon as they get it though.    I know i have a lot of stuff i don't post up, list for sale, or even remember having but i'd be down to dig around for that "hard-to-find" piece to help out a Society member.   

Some of you might feel the same.   i thought we could use this thread to post if you had a specific need, or pics of something you have that you'd consider helping out with for one of our members.   Maybe even work a 3-way trade deal with multiple members.  Who knows?

Open conversation for people here on BMXSociety.   Let's keep it in the fam. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I feel you.

Great thread and one that will be useful to those that are not in it for financial gain.

I will kick things off with a couple of items I've been in search of for a while.

I have two orphan front Enkei Eagles that I would like to find a read to match. I'm happy to swap/trade/buy outright- whichever, but if someone wanted to swap a front for a rear I will cover both ends of the postage as I am in Australia.

I've also been searching for a cap for a Brute stem. I bought the Brute base years ago but have had no luck finding a cap unless I felt like parting with a stupid amount of cash.

If anyone can help with either of these items it would be great.

Cheers.

Enkei.jpg

Brute.jpg

cool mags.

i don't have either of these parts but i'll keep an eye out here in SoCal for you.

• Like 1

Hey all! I’m new to this group but have been restoring my old 1983 Diamondback formula one. It was stolen and stripped of a few parts most I’ve been able to replace. However there are a few last items I need to finish this bike and pass on to my son.

I am willing to buy Diamondback turbo dust caps for the Sugino crankset. ( I only need one but I’ll buy a pair). Sugino chainring bolts (5) (chrome). The last and final piece has been the hardest. I need a rear 36h Araya aluminum rim, Suzue sealed low flange Juno hub, with 16t suntour freewheel. (I only need the rear but will buy a pair set if necessary). I’ve been search and piecing this bike back to original for the past 2 years as I find the time and money, but my son is getting ready for his first big kid bike and I’d love to complete this for him. Any help is enormously appreciated!

C2D00D43-45C7-4AF5-85FC-27B5C6318B1D.jpeg

859B3245-6A95-496E-9C3A-AE095516251B.png

Edited by bmx_bob
Spelling

The hubs I’ve seen on formula 1’s have a light bronze’ish tint to them.  Are yours like that, or do you need silver?

• Like 1

No-go on the freewheel... the one I have is Shimano. Sorry. I thought it was Suntour for some reason.

13 hours ago, TrulyOdd said:

The hubs I’ve seen on formula 1’s have a light bronze’ish tint to them.  Are yours like that, or do you need silver?

Yes, my front hub (pictured) is light bronze’ish. Looking to match/keep original.

I need the first issue of BMXA...

I know... should have scratched that itch 15 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2