Sign in to follow this  
ROSBMX

WHAT DID OS-BMX DEL MAR GIVE YOU?

I'm very happy to start this Topic about the Fun, Pleasure, Friendship, whatever, I had at the OS-BMX Del Mar Gig.

I'm gonna post under this Topic everytime I get some feeling from this Event which could take days to sort at my age.

I hope everyone will do the same.

Thanks,

SE Finkelman

:flower:

I Commend Jeff and Mike for their Joint effort in Pulling off this Event.

I thank God for all the Members who helped them make it really happen.

I hope to be more a part in the next OS-BMX Event they plan.

I want all Participants to know the Display of BMX Bikes was a Total Treat, the one Thing that impressed me the most was the Majority of Builds were Era Correct in Parts and the Color Schemes gave me exact Flash Backs of the Past!

I'm glad I didn't have to choose the best it was easy in BMX winners cross a finish line.

I want Cruiser King to know I thought the Black JMC 24" was a Super Treat to any Artist in Custom Bike Builds. Dude first the Black/Gold/Chrome one of my Favorites, the Frame is the Perfect Brand the Campy is the right amount plus the Vetta Seat and Laparade Post, Araya CP Rims with Gold Nips so better than Gold rims Blk Nips.

This Unit Totally Smelled of Upper CLA$$ if you know what I mean

I'll get back with more later,

SE Finkelman

I saw how True a Friendship between The Members and their Hero's and it's carried over 25 Years Wow.

I believe this will spread to others in the near future.

This event is now a part of me and I'm glad I went, too bad BMX Plus Didn't show maybe next Event it could happen.

Later,

SE Finkelman

Sandy, it was great to finally meet you. It was fun watching you go through the old adds and things that Adam Cox had on display. The whole thing was just tooo cool. I hope the event will spark more pics and knowledge to be shared here with us!

:smthup: Sandy

Great to see you there as well, The stories are even better twenty five years later :D The respect given to you by all the big name OS pros was a treat and testament to all the hard work and love of this sport you have and have done, And continue to do through these pages of OS-BMX.com.

I agree the bikes would of been easier to judge crossing a finish line :o For a first event and to see how many new school kids came through the pits was very cool. It was so funny to see the dads of the kids drooling and telling their kids stories of back in the day, It made it all worth while.

Thanks for being there Sandy, Lets keep it going :smthup:

Sod, Sander, & Sandy.

Copy_of_DSC02794.JPG

WFO,

Dude I still haven't been able to decode my brain on the whole thing yet it was much intake in a really short time, thanks to all.

I saw that too about New school BMX and their Parents Interested in what their Sport was and where it came from, yes what could be better?

That's what we all have to improve the for the next time.

I appreciate and respect all BMX Racers especially the National Circuit. Trust me Dude I worked very hard to gain the Respect of the BMX Pro's they were a super Close knit Group. I think it was my Team concept of Family unit and respect the competition I don't know but it worked.

It's funny I feel like you guys when I talk with Stuart 'cause he was my HERO of the 1970's, especially when we talk of 1974 and His Comp Coy Hudson he made Harry Leary Good and #2 in the World I thank Stuart for helping.

Thanks for some great times,

SE Finkelman

Wouda,

Did you ever miss OUT? YES! YES! YES!

Your Dad would've made you go or kick your butt.

You have a Responsibility to your DAD and OSBMX.

It's like Today we all have new Trades that can benefit our Cause.

I forgot I heard you'll be sentenced by the Pros who were there.

Sorry you missed it I enjoyed it all,

SE Finkelman

This is for Stuart Thomsen from all my Riders 1974-1984,

He was our pick to Win if our Pro Didn't.

Stuart Good to See you Win again 30 years later thanks,

SE Finkelman

1977 STUART AND COY:

02_stu-coy_mgnat_77.JPG

02_stu-coy_mgnat_77B.JPG

Harry I'm still available and my rates are Good, call me...

Lets keep it going.

WFO,

I think you picked a great Motto for us in 2005:

OS-BMX.com

Let's Keep It Going!

Hey just a thought?

Thanks for having me be a part of your History,

SE Finkelman

It was fun watching you go through the old adds and things that Adam Cox had on display. The whole thing was just tooo cool. I hope the event will spark more pics and knowledge to be shared here with us!

Larock,

I felt good about being a part of OS-BMX I was hoping there's a place that can appreciate Real Old School BMX (ROSBMX), well I'm a One Discussion Board Member at a Time and this is my Place and as a member of this Team I will do everything in my power to keep it going!

Thanks for your compliments they're like Three WOW's and a major Pause,

SE Finkelman

Adam,

Thank you for being a part of this Event you are Totally unbelievable, Dude what you have is what every Collector dreams and wishes he had done. If you ever want to sell an Item it would be a pleasure to sell from your Collection. The minute I saw that Wheels N Things Sale Tag it was Awesome Full Rush Total FlashBacks man you had me.

I thought I did good in keeping the true Authenticity intact but buddy you win in this case.

Great to meet you and see and hear,

Thanks again,

SE Finkelman

Sander old friend,

I think everyone freaked when they saw you there I sure did. I've been selling to you via eBay for years and I really got to know you and yes seeing you I was right dude you are Euro and that JMC Jersey didn't help you blend in at all (just kidding). I enjoy our conversations of the GrassHopper (most won't understand this).

Thank you for being there it was great and many thanks for the Flag I'll post pics later, and thanks for being a friend,

SE Finkelman

I am working on my shots right now...here is a good one...showing only a portion of the central part...

I ABSOLUTELY enjoyed meeting Sandy, Perry, Stu and new friends from the site! I love getting the folks together for a day!! Great time!!!

Mux

delmar.jpg

A little in room warm up before the museum...Cruiserking on my Webco...LOL

Mux

:)

DSC_1477_copy.jpg

Hey Sandy it was a real pleasure to finally get to meet you! You were such an important part to bmx scene. I am glad i got to meet the face behind the phone. Sandy you rock! p.s. don't forget about the secret new project we discussed ;) :smthup:

it's really hard for me to put together the right words to express how I really feel about the past weekend. or any time all of us get together. it's a unique and special thing we have. love of this sport and sites like this are the glue that keep us together. I agree with WFO's quote: "Let's keep it going" Del Mar '05 people!! :smthup:

p.s. I will get some pics posted up tonight. :)

wow!! you guys really had fun eh?? We need something on this side of the country too!@! keep the pics coming for us who could not make it!!

Sounds like it was everything that I thought it was going to be. Wish I would have been there with the rest of you. Having Sandy's color commentary really helps though. I am looking forward to seeing more pictures and hearing more stories. Next year you will have me out there for sure. I saw with Gonzo's Park event at Elysian that Co-Cal'ers know what's up. I figured that Sander would be making a showing. Good job Sander. :smthup: Anyone that has ever wondered if it would be worthwhile to take a trip to the left coast. Don't think just plan. I am going to try and make Elysian again and Del-Mar next year. The site kind of had some growing pains with the planned trip to Vegas but this looks like it was a great time. Hopefully we can beat that bike number in 2005. Del-Mar 2005 sounds like a great rally cry to me. My weekend consisted of finally getting a Silver Streak that I had been eyeing for the last couple years. ^_^ I I spent 5 hours moving a tree from one side of my yard to the other. Gave candy out with my girls and woke up to the first snow of the year. :flake: I love the snow so it is cool with me. Welcome back and let's see some more pics.

PS: Mux I like that pic of Cruiserking. That really catches Cruiser's attitude.

Seeing Sandy, Stu, Pk and Harry all standing around catching up was priceless! Watching PKs son ripping around on the PK was a great memory! Listening to Bret (3rd boot) SNORE, lol!

Hey what I got from the whole event is this...

There are a tight group of people dedicated to the hobby and to OS-BMX!!! I personaly learn a lot about the hobby and the people in it. Thanks to Jeff who has the courage and up-beat attitude for putting this on and for always looking at the brighter side of things.

I met a lot of new people and placed faces with names. Some of the people I met had a great impact on me so I'd like to thank them here in no particular order...

Muxster you are a "NUT"!!! Man I had a lot of fun with you and the rest of the "Darksiders" and look forward to partying with you again. You are the life of the party!!! Maybe you can bring that energy to the BIG Long Beach Bicycle Show and Swap on Dec. 5th, 2004 and don't forget Pilar!!!

Snorton thanks for all the FREE advertising of ***BMX.com during the raffle, it was a blast, it also made up for me not winning anything!!! ;)

Jimmy Roth even though you were not there I felt your spirt and you have a "Kick dairy aire" SE Quadangle. Thanks for being a friend!!!

David Lucas, you know the deal, you the man!!! Thanks for all the info and being a hommie. I'll still kick your dairy aire though!!! LOL

JoeBlizzard, it was good to see you and sorry to hear you had to leave early on account of family health problems!!! Hope all is well and I'll be saying a prayer for your family!!!

KrisKevin you'r a hardcore guy, thanks for having such a super coooool wife!!!

Carbizguy, you have a awesome family and your wife was a great help to the event!!!

Johnny you have a killer 20" Cook Bros. and I was glad you let me pick your brain. I hope to learn more from you.

Tony (Dirty) and Julie you guys are an awesome couple!!! I had fun hanging with you guys!!!

Scott "Kappa" you're another cool guy to hang with. we had some fun, huh?

Reilley, thanks for bringing those Redlines and thanks for the seat post!!!

And to everyone else who was nice enough to let me pick their brains and had the time to hang out with, you're all a bunch of great people!!!

Let's all do it again soon!!!

Raul G.

TooOld2BMX

www.NOSBMX.com

Great couple!!! Kris and Kevin.

DSC02665.JPG

I SUCK!

Congrats on pulling off a bitchin' weekend gang!

the Funny Car took all our attention for both days this past weekend, getting ready for our finals in Bakersfield next weekend.

Next year.

Hey Jeff,

Everyone asked where you, Pam, and the boys were. There were a few others missing in action also.

Mrs. Sod :flower:

Sign in to follow this