Sign in to follow this  
metrocpa

Announcing the Kappa PK-20

OK, we are now taking deposits for a small run of 20 Kappa K-20 20" frames with floval top and down tubes. For now we'll call it the Kappa PK-20.

THIS WILL BE LIMITED TO 20 FRAMES

Cost: $350

Colors:

Diablo Red

Alpine White

Ford Blue

Vader Black

Unpainted subtract $40

Details:

Frame dimensions/angles based on Kappa K-20

Uses Kappa K-20 dropouts

Uses Kappa K-20 looptail rear tri

top tube - floval

down tube - floval

gusset

V brake mounts

1-1/8" head tube

see K-20 specs at:

www.kappabmx.com/k20.html

Similar to this but with floval top and down tubes and a gusset:

dsc00625a.jpg

Options:

wrap around piece at the seat stay/seat tube juncture, similar to looptail PK Rippers: $60

If we sell all 20 deposits/orders, I'm sending one to Perry Kramer for free!

I would need a $200 deposit by paypal or moneyorder to hold your frame. I'll email the serial numbers once deposits are received.

Production will begin January 31st, delivery in March.

our paypal is order@kappabmx.com

our address is:

Kappa BMX

PO Box 3141

Kalamazoo, MI 49003-3141

our telphone number is:

(BMX) 716-KAPPA

(269)716-5277

Let me know if you have questions.

Scott

Kappa BMX

www.kappabmx.com

is kappa out to recreate every oldschool frame and part ?

how about the e.t bike to finnish it all off . you almost have all the old school frames bitten . i figure 7 more months and ill be able to get a repop in any flavor

At least they wont snap like Hutches and PK's. I like the fact that you get the really good geometry of the old with the beef of today. Maybe Ford and Chevy should stop making the designs they have made recently. Some designs are just meant to last. If it's for strength or eye appeal, some designs are just worth it.

id rather have a light bike vs thick overweight piece , cant figure out how these old school thin bikes are still around to this day , thin is in , id rather seee a gusset on a light frame vs making it so you can drive you car over it , i mean i want to ride iam not a sled dog , thin is in

Yeah, I see what you mean. I used to go for the light bike as well. But for me, I am tired of looking down and seeing my frame flex underneath me and worry what's gonna crack next. Also busting out the magnifying glass to look for hairline cracks is a pain. If I case it big I rather it be because I screwed up, not because the frame failed.

wow

I would like to see an early Pro Performer-like F/F.

Im kind of baffled on the tribute design as well. Looks solid but does not resemble a PK at all...

it dont look like a pk yet as tha above is a k20, not the pk20, as i understand it the pk20 will have the floval tubing. hmmm wonder if my meagre funds could stretch to one

graeme

Um, because the Fuji "SE" frames are craptastic.

Where on earth did you hear Se was building frames in the USA? plus those new rippers have those "straw like" fork legs.

hey kinko have you ever rode/seen a kappa, if you had you would know why people would buy a kappa over a fuji/se. do you get out much at all??

graeme

Easy on the newbie guys. Even though you hit the nail on the head!! :smthup:

The new SE RIPPER is Taiwan but they are looking into doing a US made version with an oversized upper and lower down tube,I have seen the KAPPA stuff,pretty cool but kind of HEAVY for me as a racer and 5 pounds for a frame,the cromoly PRO CONCEPT was only about 3.5 pounds and that thing is SMOOTH. :loon:

so what is kinko, first you say they are doing a usa made ripper, then you say they are looking into it, come on kinko you can do better

graeme ;)

Hey GRAEME,this is a HOBBY remember that,not a LIVE OR DIE situation, this SE PK frame thing is something that is going to happen from what I heard,SORRY to make you so MAD.:wacko: